Republican

moreluck

golden ticket member
Top 10 Reasons I’m Thankful I'm A Republican---

10. Ronald Reagan ended the Cold War without launching a single nuke.

9. The only Democrats we ever trusted while in office during wartime were FDR and Truman.

8. Enjoy watching the Democrats sweat it out now that they’re in the spotlight.

7. Ron Paul is better than Ralph Nader any day.

6. We might not control TV, but blast it, we took over talk radio!

5. Prank call Al Gore in the middle of January during a blizzard and ask when global warming will be coming.

4. Not prone to knee-jerk, emotional reactions like Democrats.

3. Republicans can pretend to be more sincere than Democrats can.

2. We realize the value of the Second Amendment.

And the number one reason why I’m glad that I’m a Republican …

We got the best looking mistresses.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Reasons it's good to be Republican---

10. We believe federal judges should follow the rule of law, not the latest episode of "Law and Order."
9. We remember the old adage about change - Be careful what you wish for.
8. Republicans are improving our communication skills - we're stoppping speaking in terms like (insert $10 words here).
7. Compared to Democrats, we finally look like fiscal conservatives.
6. We don't have to worry what our presidential candidate is doing at 3 a.m.
5. We recognize the obvious: Hydropower is a renewable resource.
4. We're not asking what our country, what our government can do for us, but what we can do for our country.
3. We believe Al Gore deserves an 'friend' in science and an 'A' in creative writing.
2. Dino Rossi and one vote for every voter.
1. We are the only group that Christine Gregoire can't unionize.

diesel96

Top 10 Reasons I’m Thankful I'm A Republican---

10. Ronald Reagan ended the Cold War without launching a single nuke.

hmm...(Hussien) and the Iraq/Iran war....armed the Taliban in Afgh.....the Contra affair (oops, I can't remember)....out spent the Russians to end the cold war....great speech at Berlin though

9. The only Democrats we ever trusted while in office during wartime were FDR and Truman.

hmm...the last war we were involve in where our freedom was really at stake...

8. Enjoy watching the Democrats sweat it out now that they’re in the spotlight.

hmm...You got me, hate watching the weak kneed Democrats cave into Rep and Blue Dog fillerbustering.

7. Ron Paul is better than Ralph Nader any day.

hmm...Ron Paul is way and above any canidate the GOP could muster up, he is a true, traditional Republican, not this watered down evangelical-Neo Con modern day version.

6. We might not control TV, but blast it, we took over talk radio!

hmm...I concede.... all those old timers :wheelchai and their dbl AA battery transister radios waiting to die via "Death Panels" eat it up..

5. Prank call Al Gore in the middle of January during a blizzard and ask when global warming will be coming.

I know it's hard and inconvenient to look past the face value of the name to what it actually means.

hmm..."Global Warming" doesn't mean it never gets cold, only that average temperatures are up. In fact global warming can cause extreme cold periods....Maybe the term Global Warming confuses people, so lets call it " Climate Change"

4. Not prone to knee-jerk, emotional reactions like Democrats.

hmm...bomb, bomb, bomb,---bomb, bomb, Iran

3. Republicans can pretend to be more sincere than Democrats can.

hmm...Rep's more sincere toward their fellow man ?...lol Like welfare and illegals, and everyone for themselves and take responsibility

2. We realize the value of the Second Amendment.

hmm....like armor piercing bullets packed in a fully automatic machine guns with no "cooling off" period, sold to any Tom, Dick, and Harry.

And the number one reason why I’m glad that I’m a Republican …

We got the best looking mistresses.

hmm...yes, moral Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious christians
some are hot, maybe not mistresses like Sarah Palin, Miss California, Elizabeth Hasselback....but need to come with duck tape, to wrap around their mouths ??
And some are not... like Ann Coltur, Michele Bachman that are batty.

moreluck

golden ticket member
wkmac....I was thinkin' the same thing. It's just a 'forward' from a friend that I posted here. And, just like the Dems., I posted it and didn't bother reading it all (lol).

island1fox

:happy-very:Some fuel for the fire ---
1. If a conservative doesn't like guns, they don't buy one. If a liberal doesn't like guns, then no one should have one.
2. If a conservative is a vegetarian,they don't eat meat. If a liberal is,they want to ban all meat products for everyone.
3. If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his enemy. A liberal wonders how to cut defense spending,surrender gracefully and still look good.
4. If a conserative is homosexual, they quietly enjoy their life. If a liberal is homosexual,they loudly demand legislated respect.
5. If a Black man or Hispanic is conservative, they see themselves as independently successful. Their Liberal counterparts see themselves as victims in need of government protection.
6.If a conservative is down and out, he finds ways to better his situation. A Liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.
7.If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host,he switches channels.Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.
8. If a conservative is a non-believer,he doesn't go to church.A liberal wants any mention of God or Religion silenced.
9. If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it or finds a job that provides it. A liberal demands that his neighbors pay for his .:wink2:

tieguy

Banned
I find liberals despise the concept of having morals and principles to live by.

I find conservatives try to live by morals and principles and usually have liberals looking to blast them when they fail.

bbsam

Staff member
Why don't you go ahead and abort a few more babies and then tell us where our morality has gone astray.
Oh, tie, you are so very wrong on every level with that post. But, go ahead and put it on another bumper sticker and thank you for proving my point.

tieguy

Banned
Oh, tie, you are so very wrong on every level with that post. But, go ahead and put it on another bumper sticker and thank you for proving my point.

Don't worry you're safe from our bumper stickers. You need a conscience to feel guilty.

moreluck

golden ticket member
P. J. O'Rourke

Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2001 1:22:36 PM by EveningStar

I have only one firm belief about the American political system, and that is this: God is a Republican and Santa Claus is a Democrat.
God is an elderly or, at any rate, middle aged male, a stern fellow, patriarchal rather than paternal and a great believer in rules and regulations. He holds men accountable for their actions. He has little apparent concern for the material well being of the disadvantaged. He is politically connected, socially powerful and holds the mortgage on literally everything in the world. God is difficult. God is unsentimental. It is very hard to get into God's heavenly country club.

Santa Claus is another matter. He's cute. He's nonthreatening. He's always cheerful. And he loves animals. He may know who's been naughty and who's been nice, but he never does anything about it. He gives everyone everything they want without the thought of quid pro quo. He works hard for charities, and he's famously generous to the poor. Santa Claus is preferable to God in every way but one: There is no such thing as Santa Claus.

bbsam

Staff member
Don't worry you're safe from our bumper stickers. You need a conscience to feel guilty.
My conscience is fine. You need depth to get beyond a bumper sticker. You'll be fine with your bumper stickers.

ML--Quoting P.J. O'Rourke as a conservative thinker? That would be like electing Al Franken to the Sen...oh, well I guess ya go with who ya got.:happy2:

diesel96

Why don't you go ahead and abort a few more babies and then tell us where our morality has gone astray.

In most cases, Rep morality is just a front, plenty of immorality still hiding behind close doors and in restroom stalls. Come on out of the closet my Rep friends, that is what being "born again" is all about, so you can repent your sins..:wink2: Diesel96 psalm 3:16

And why do a bulk of Rep's insist on Women as 2nd class citizens and expect them to be submissive and tell them what to do with their bodies, or tell them their place is in the kitchen, or decide their right to vote, work, be social. Honestly, stay out of our bedrooms and keep your hands off our women......

P. J. O'Rourke

Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2001 1:22:36 PM by EveningStar

I have only one firm belief about the American political system, and that is this: God is a Republican and Santa Claus is a Democrat.
God is an elderly or, at any rate, middle aged male, a stern fellow, patriarchal rather than paternal and a great believer in rules and regulations. He holds men accountable for their actions. He has little apparent concern for the material well being of the disadvantaged. He is politically connected, socially powerful and holds the mortgage on literally everything in the world. God is difficult. God is unsentimental. It is very hard to get into God's heavenly country club.

Got troubling news for ya moreluck, his son Jesus was as liberal ! A rebel with a cause... and would a Republican God allow women and blacks in his country club....Fore ! :golfball:

Santa Claus is another matter. He's cute. He's nonthreatening. He's always cheerful. And he loves animals. He may know who's been naughty and who's been nice, but he never does anything about it. He gives everyone everything they want without the thought of quid pro quo. He works hard for charities, and he's famously generous to the poor. Santa Claus is preferable to God in every way but one: There is no such thing as Santa Claus.

How can Santa be a Republican ? His workshop in the north pole has gone green, just like his l'il elves....he's experiencing polar ice caps melting first hand....