Republicans Claim FedEx Union Chances are Dead

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The Republicans have "suddenly" developed an intense interest in passing the FAA Reauthorization Act when the newly reconfigured House seats take effect in January. Amazing, considering how much trouble they've gone to to stall it over and over again....just so Fred's special language is preserved.

This is a sad illustration of just how much power one very rich person has over an entire country, and how beholden Republicans are to Big Business. If the "Citizens United" decision didn't confirm that we have become a corporatocracy, the "anything for business" obstructionist attitude of the Republicans does.

Fred, and his fellow "Freds" own this country. Sad, but true.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
The Republicans have "suddenly" developed an intense interest in passing the FAA Reauthorization Act when the newly reconfigured House seats take effect in January. Amazing, considering how much trouble they've gone to to stall it over and over again....just so Fred's special language is preserved.

This is a sad illustration of just how much power one very rich person has over an entire country, and how beholden Republicans are to Big Business. If the "Citizens United" decision didn't confirm that we have become a corporatocracy, the "anything for business" obstructionist attitude of the Republicans does.

Fred, and his fellow "Freds" own this country. Sad, but true.

Unfortunately, it is!!! I will never understand how the middle class working people of this country continue to vate against their best intrests!!

Broke

Unfortunately, it is!!! I will never understand how the middle class working people of this country continue to vate against their best intrests!!
It wouldn't have passed even if the Dems would have remained in control of the House because we have one of our own (Rockefeller) holding it up in the Senate. I'm a Democrat but you can't trust the ones in the Senate, they're all bought off. That's the reason working people are confused on who to vote for. Nothing gets done. They've had 2 years to do it for us and they didn't make it happen and I'm pissed!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It wouldn't have passed even if the Dems would have remained in control of the House because we have one of our own (Rockefeller) holding it up in the Senate. I'm a Democrat but you can't trust the ones in the Senate, they're all bought off. That's the reason working people are confused on who to vote for. Nothing gets done. They've had 2 years to do it for us and they didn't make it happen and I'm pissed!!
Nail on the head.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Nail on the head.

Yep. But voting against the Dems doesn't help either if you're trying to protest their impotence. Catch-22 situation. And I firmly believe that Smith money has found it's way into Democratic hands. Just ask Bill Clinton if Fred's money is any good.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Explain please.

The republican party is now and always will be in bed with big business. Every piece of legislation that we thought could have a chance with a Democratic majority is now going to be put out to pasture.

Examples:

EFCA- Employee Free Choice Act, a bill designed to make it easier to unionize by changing the rules for Union election and stifening the penalties on businesses that illigally fire employees that express intrest in forming a Union. Now Dead with a Republican majority.

FAA Reauthorization- will never pass a Republican majority with the language included that would change the loophole that FedEx now uses to claim that all of their truck drivers and mechanics are pilots.

That's just 2 items that would make a huge difeence in the middle class if they could have been passed.

Broke

The republican party is now and always will be in bed with big business. Every piece of legislation that we thought could have a chance with a Democratic majority is now going to be put out to pasture.

Examples:

EFCA- Employee Free Choice Act, a bill designed to make it easier to unionize by changing the rules for Union election and stifening the penalties on businesses that illigally fire employees that express intrest in forming a Union. Now Dead with a Republican majority.

FAA Reauthorization- will never pass a Republican majority with the language included that would change the loophole that FedEx now uses to claim that all of their truck drivers and mechanics are pilots.

That's just 2 items that would make a huge difeence in the middle class if they could have been passed.
They still have the Lame Duck session to pass the Faa bill. They won't pass it in the Senate because Democrats and Republicans are bought off in that body. I've been on the front lines of this organizing effort, we've had union meetings and I've been very vocal at work in my support for the Teamsters. So in return I'm asking that if the bill doesn't pass that the Teamsters don't just walk away because they're so many unhappy people at Fedex right now that it may be possible under the RLA with the new rules.

bbsam

Staff member
They still have the Lame Duck session to pass the Faa bill. They won't pass it in the Senate because Democrats and Republicans are bought off in that body. I've been on the front lines of this organizing effort, we've had union meetings and I've been very vocal at work in my support for the Teamsters. So in return I'm asking that if the bill doesn't pass that the Teamsters don't just walk away because they're so many unhappy people at Fedex right now that it may be possible under the RLA with the new rules.

Not to depress you, but the Teamsters already did walk away from this one. Is Fedex Watch's website back up?