Republicans Don't Like Their Potential Choices

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If voting for ABO, either one will do just fine.

But which smells worse, Huckabee or Romney? Neither have a prayer (pun intended). Huckabee pardoned someone who killed 4 cops in cold blood, and Romney thinks his underwear will pull him through. Both crazy too. What a "choice". Good luck, OK?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I Know let's find a first term senator, who has can't be properly vetted because he sealed all of his records and has only voted present during his time in DC.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
But which smells worse, Huckabee or Romney? Neither have a prayer (pun intended). Huckabee pardoned someone who killed 4 cops in cold blood, and Romney thinks his underwear will pull him through. Both crazy too. What a "choice". Good luck, OK?

HUCKABEE is busy at the printers trying to remove the chapter he dedicates to obama being born in Kenya.... Looks like he bit a little too hard on that one before it went to print>.....DOH!

Peace.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm starting to understand Lue. You are simply confused. You believe that mentioning race at all is "playing the race card". Really it's the republicans playing the race card this time, just like having Michael Steele as head of the RNC. Rightly or wrongly the republicans feel the need to "look" diverse and have to put forth these obscure members of the party to show it.

I'm starting to understand Lue. You are simply confused. You believe that mentioning race at all is "playing the race card". Really it's the republicans playing the race card this time, just like having Michael Steele as head of the RNC. Rightly or wrongly the republicans feel the need to "look" diverse and have to put forth these obscure members of the party to show it.
Hey everybody let's do the twist...

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Politics in this country have taken on a new meaning. Pandering to each race is a huge factor in todays electorate. Reagan did it with amnesty and created the "reagan democrats", Clinton did it with the african americans. Bush Stole an election cause no person of color would vote for him, and Obama was able to reach all minorities. The repubicans have tried a parade of minorities over the last three years and yet the best they could come up with was Michael Steele.

Steele, plagued by scandals had to be removed before he caused the republican party any more embarrassment. He was hidden from the press for over 5 months after the stripper sex club scandal. Before the disgrace of Steele, they tried a muppet lookalike in Bobby Jindal.

Jindal was going to be their ethnic star but once in front of the camera, he looked and sounded like Cindy Brady of the brady bunch. That experiment went down in flames.

Alan Keyes was tried, but his stupidy and far right conspiracies have only distanced himself from traditional republicans.

Herman Cain is the latest offering to the people. A CEO of a pizza chain and credited for starting godfathers pizza, even though thats not true, he is labeled as a black entreprenuer. Godfathers was started by a man in Nebraska named William Theisen. Cain worked for Pillsbury, and was appointed CEO of the pizza chain after they purchased it from Theisen. Cain then resigned and purchased the chain from pillsbury. His claim to fame? Imaging his pizza chain after mobsters.

The next offering seems to be Marco Rubio, and time will tell how that works out.

At the end of the day, in 2012, the repubicans dont have a solid voice that speaks to minorities of any color.

In addition, they are attacking seniors, and that will be the nail in the coffin.

Peace.

Unfortunately, BBSAM is correct. Most analyst agree with him as well.

Peace.
First bbasm was addressing two related yet different points. One being the mentioning of race being or not being using the race card. The other on his opinion of the Repub party using blacks as some sort of a cover for racism. So, which point nd what analysts are you referring to? Just saying that is hardly transparent......or maybe it is.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Politics in this country have taken on a new meaning. Pandering to each race is a huge factor in todays electorate. Reagan did it with amnesty and created the "reagan democrats", Clinton did it with the african americans. Bush Stole an election cause no person of color would vote for him, and Obama was able to reach all minorities. The repubicans have tried a parade of minorities over the last three years and yet the best they could come up with was Michael Steele.

Steele, plagued by scandals had to be removed before he caused the republican party any more embarrassment. He was hidden from the press for over 5 months after the stripper sex club scandal. Before the disgrace of Steele, they tried a muppet lookalike in Bobby Jindal.

Jindal was going to be their ethnic star but once in front of the camera, he looked and sounded like Cindy Brady of the brady bunch. That experiment went down in flames.

Alan Keyes was tried, but his stupidy and far right conspiracies have only distanced himself from traditional republicans.

Herman Cain is the latest offering to the people. A CEO of a pizza chain and credited for starting godfathers pizza, even though thats not true, he is labeled as a black entreprenuer. Godfathers was started by a man in Nebraska named William Theisen. Cain worked for Pillsbury, and was appointed CEO of the pizza chain after they purchased it from Theisen. Cain then resigned and purchased the chain from pillsbury. His claim to fame? Imaging his pizza chain after mobsters.

The next offering seems to be Marco Rubio, and time will tell how that works out.

At the end of the day, in 2012, the repubicans dont have a solid voice that speaks to minorities of any color.

In addition, they are attacking seniors, and that will be the nail in the coffin.

Peace.
I think your post reeks of racism.....Like, to find a good candidate, WE MUST TRY A COLOR! That's ridiculous!..........And you guys have Anthony Wiener !!!!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I think your post reeks of racism.....Like, to find a good candidate, WE MUST TRY A COLOR! That's ridiculous!..........And you guys have Anthony Wiener !!!!!

Moreluck,

Racism? Silly girl. Try reality. The republicans without an ethinic message that reasonates with people wont help the republicans win the presidency.

Lets take a look at the current message to minorities.

1) take away welfare for the poor
2) take away health care funding
3) take away grants for school
4) take away union benefits
5) take away help to keep them in their homes
6) take away housing subsidies
7) throw relatives out of the country
8) kick illegal parents of american children out of the country
9) continue to allow corporations to leave inner cities for china

These are hardly positions that will capture the hearts and minds of minorities.

While ethnic americans are growing at a pace faster than whites, a consistent message is a necessity.

Moreluck, in less than 10 years, you will be the minority in the state of california.

Hispanics will dominate california. The poliical landscape here is forever changed.

There will never be a republican majority in this state for years to come.

No republican message will ever reasonate in this state that has any of those things on my list on them.

Meg Whitman spent 165 million of her own money on an election that was lost before it began. If 165 million of your own money and the backing of Sarah Palin cant get you elected in a state election, then you dont understand the game.

That was clear. Sarah Palin was only the nail the coffin.

Peace.

island1fox

Unfortunately, BBSAM is correct. Most analyst agree with him as well.

Peace.

TOS,
Most analysts agree as well ?? Shame on both you and bbsam.
Why can't you at least look at some things in truth.
No one is putting anyone up for running.
INDIVIDUALS make their own choice --Republican or Democrat.

BBsam uses the race card accuses the "Republican's " FOR putting up CAIN as a Presidential candidate and they you comment how bbsam is correct because many slanted analysts agree ????

Are the "republicans" putting up Trump ---No Trump is putting himself in.

Democrats put Obama in as a candidate because he is Black ---of course in your minds thats Racist.

Republicans put Cain in as a candidate because he is Black --- of course in your minds that is not Racist.

???????????

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
TOS,
Most analysts agree as well ?? Shame on both you and bbsam.
Why can't you at least look at some things in truth.
No one is putting anyone up for running.
INDIVIDUALS make their own choice --Republican or Democrat.

BBsam uses the race card accuses the "Republican's " FOR putting up CAIN as a Presidential candidate and they you comment how bbsam is correct because many slanted analysts agree ????

Are the "republicans" putting up Trump ---No Trump is putting himself in.

Democrats put Obama in as a candidate because he is Black ---of course in your minds thats Racist.

Republicans put Cain in as a candidate because he is Black --- of course in your minds that is not Racist.

???????????

Island,

I am not saying its wrong, I am saying its a part of the game now. BBSAM said the truth. I know it sounds wierd, but in actuallity, if you look at the numbers from the last three election cycles, there has been an increase in black vote putting the black vote in play. THis is just reality, and as such, political parties have to somehow find a way to connect.

Placing Steele, Cain, Jindal in high profile spots is only a part of the game. Right or wrong, its still the same in the end. BBSAM isnt using the race card, he's merely pointing out that its out there already masked in hyperbole and superficial meanings.

The right has tried to get ahead of the curve by pointing out the race card usage even though its what they are doing to keep the "right" inline.

Whether or not CAIN or STEELE were placed in those positions was racially motivated or not, its does not matter to me, what would matter would be if the democrats went after them merely because of their race. An example would be if I asked to see Herman Cains employment records to see if he reached the levels at pillsbury through affirmative action rather than his "qualifications".

This would be a psuedo inference that he got the job because he is black and otherwise unqualified.

As for candidates, they are all controlled by the RNC. While they start out as "individuals" they become drones of the party (both) once they become the standout. Theres a lot of money at stake and separating themselves from the establishment isnt in the cards.

Believe me, the RNC is in control of who they want already. FOX news has three its promoting on behalf of the RNC. Romney, Palin and Bachman are fox's choice for promotion. Once Newt and Santorum indicated they would seek office, FOX dropped both of them in order to limit exposure.

Its all a game island.

We can argue all we want, but in the end, the RNC will have its way.

Peace.

island1fox

I should have my own no spin zone.

I gave you a very clear example.

Cain -white or black has decided by HIMSELF to run for President.

For anyone to state "The Republican's " selected him because he is "Black" is off the wall !! With "blinders" on --Kool aide drinkers right or left cannot see that.
That is why we are in such bad shape today.