Republicans miss stock gains.

China is taking off.

That says it all because they got their stimulus right. But what exactly has obama done to improve this market? The fundamentals haven't really changed since the stress tests. A buddy of mine has a theory that this is a "congress in recess spike"

unionman

That says it all because they got their stimulus right. But what exactly has obama done to improve this market? The fundamentals haven't really changed since the stress tests. A buddy of mine has a theory that this is a "congress in recess spike"
I think we should give China California and called it even.

klein

Für Meno :)

I think you betted in the wrong direction.
What took the market down ?
Mostly worries, a repeat of a deep depression of 1929, that stocks would become worthless.
That ain't gonna happen.
Banks are now back in track, the housing market is on the rise again, the unemployment numbers have stabilized.
And cost cuttings measures, are giving companies even more profit

Sucks that the S&P is over 1000 again today. (for you).

tieguy

Banned
You did jump on that wagon, thats funny. Why else would you get so mad? You remember ole Rush saying I hope he fails and all you right wingers were jumping out of the market like little kids stomping there feet. Just like the right wingers are stomping there feet over health care reform. Charge! to the town hall, lets burn it down! Morons.

For the record I actually hope the guy at least succeeds in lighting a fire since he is spending three trillion dollars on lighter fluid.

The assumptions you made were laughable. Obama has not done anything to affect the stock market. In fact most of the stimulus money has not even been distributed yet.

Second you made the assumption all conservatives would pull their money out of the market because we do not like Obama. What you fail to understand is the market has had some movement because people are putting their money in not pulling it out.

Why not take a break from chasing your underage cousins around and learn a little bit about the market?

I think you betted in the wrong direction.
What took the market down ?
Mostly worries, a repeat of a deep depression of 1929, that stocks would become worthless.
That ain't gonna happen.
Banks are now back in track, the housing market is on the rise again, the unemployment numbers have stabilized.
And cost cuttings measures, are giving companies even more profit

Was this an attempt to answer?

what exactly has obama done to improve this market?

Why does it suck for me that the s and p is at 1000? I want higher markets. Will take my spy aug 95 calls off today though.

What sucks for me is I have a large short position of mgm $7 puts (non marginable) that I don't want to spend the commisions to buy back. Will have to keep that capital tied up for 7 more days.

klein

Well, better not come from the printing press, even though a lower dollar will make you export more, but everything else will go up (everything you import) Your Walmart prices, gasoline prices, basically almost everything.

Only way to get the debt down, is more taxes.
Either way, you'll have less money in your pocket, but higher taxes is the better one out of the 2.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Either way, you'll have less money in your pocket, but higher taxes is the better one out of the 2.

How about less spending ?

Since bho took office gov't jobs have increased. Stop this madness. Learn to do with less, as ever other citizen today has learned to do.

tieguy

Banned

I'm not sure if you're joking or just trying to get a rise out of us.

Other ways to get the debt down is to control spending and not create the debt in the first place. Second would be to grow the economy. Stimulating the economy to get that growth is what the great debate has been about. Cutting taxes has actually proven to grow the economy as it stimulates investors into investing financially and hiring people.

Throwing three trillion dollars of money out there with no accountability nor direction on spending is another way to possibly stimulate the economy. At this point its definitely a three trillon dollar deficit. The governments reward for missappropriating three trillon dollars should never be to give them a pay increase by increasing taxes.

klein

Other ways to get the debt down is to control spending and not create the debt in the first place. Second would be to grow the economy. Stimulating the economy to get that growth is what the great debate has been about. Cutting taxes has actually proven to grow the economy as it stimulates investors into investing financially and hiring people.

Throwing three trillion dollars of money out there with no accountability nor direction on spending is another way to possibly stimulate the economy. At this point its definitely a three trillon dollar deficit. The governments reward for missappropriating three trillon dollars should never be to give them a pay increase by increasing taxes.

I was just referring to the Warren link you posted, earlier.
Up here, we have already been prewarned of higher taxes to come.
Got to pay that stimulus money back somehow, and I wouldn't doubt if it comes in form of a carbon tax. But, that, I'm totally against of.
Gasoline is already about 60% taxes, and yet, add more to that ? That is nuts. Besides, the Oil Industry in Alberta would take a huge hit. Making it even more expensive to produce oil.
So, hopefully, it's just an incometax increase, or even sales tax.
But, it's comming.

klein

Did you sell last week? You don't have any gains until you sell. Today was a good day for the shorts. I took 2 shorts off today from last week. Hoping to retrace 925-950 on the S and P by month end. 870 would be a gift.

Today is August 31st, totally end of month.
1020.62 the S & P.

Well off !

Today is August 31st, totally end of month.
1020.62 the S & P.

Well off !

Not because of the US economy...What will happen when China ends their stimulus? Todays was a good day to buy, but if China trends lower, so will we. Sold half of my SPY Sept 103 puts that I bought Friday for a 67% roi. Will hold the rest for a dip to about 1005 with a stop at about 1030. Also sold (short) some CENX Sept $10 puts. Will probably hold these until expiration.

klein

Not because of the US economy...What will happen when China ends their stimulus? Todays was a good day to buy, but if China trends lower, so will we. Sold half of my SPY Sept 103 puts that I bought Friday for a 67% roi. Will hold the rest for a dip to about 1005 with a stop at about 1030. Also sold (short) some CENX Sept $10 puts. Will probably hold these until expiration.

Oh, I don't care about China at all, either should you.
They have a fake currency... and I don't even think it was a big factor in Mondays loss.

China is an exporter ! The worlds largest, too.
That will never change.
Now, if Japans market went down... thats a differnet story. It's the yen, its acountable.

Dollars are counted on Wall Street as follows : Euro, yen, pound. And thats it.

See what happens Tuesday, I bet a rebound.

Oh, I don't care about China at all, either should you.
They have a fake currency... and I don't even think it was a big factor in Mondays loss.

China is an exporter ! The worlds largest, too.
That will never change.
Now, if Japans market went down... thats a differnet story. It's the yen, its acountable.

Dollars are counted on Wall Street as follows : Euro, yen, pound. And thats it.

See what happens Tuesday, I bet a rebound.

When China's market goes down, so do comodities and contruction stocks. They are a big importer of comodities, you can see a future trend of comoditeis and the baltic dry index. (steel, copper, alluminum) the run in names like FCX, DE, CAT, AA, X.

Looks like China will finish flat today. S&P futures look to open 4-6 points lower. But we have ISM manufaturing index and construction spending coming out at 10:00 along with a lot of money on the sidelines worried about missing some gains. Although I agree you can't fight the tape of a trending market, just being cautious.

diesel96

Republicans control spending? Not so fast big guy. Wasteful military/foriegn policy spending, ridiculus Pharma costs for our seniors, tax cuts/shelters for those who hord the most wealth, eliminating/outsourcing mfg'ing and middle class wage status weakening the main engine of supply and demand that drives our economy. Corp America and their Wash DC connected lobbiest have steadily promoted Xtreme off the chart profit margins for the CEO's, top Exec's and top shareholders at the expense of the stagnate American worker's wage or extinction, while rec'ving tax benefits at the same time their screwing the average Joe. The greed factor at the top of Corperate America is so warped, they actually believe they deserves bonuses for failure....what does that message give the American wage earner ? A pink slip.... Cutting taxes in a reccessionairy period with the debt so high is Reaganomically trickle-down suicide...:death:
Yes, taxes will rise, but the best analogy given, will mostly be modeled after our toll roads. The more you use it, the more you pay. Cost conscience Consumers, are resourceful, they will find side roads to avoid higher taxes. And many, may not like it, but will find it convienent and are willing to pay the toll to get them where they want swifty at the same time, maintaining their road to redemption.

tieguy

Banned
Republicans control spending? Not so fast big guy. Wasteful military/foriegn policy spending, ridiculus Pharma costs for our seniors, tax cuts/shelters for those who hord the most wealth, eliminating/outsourcing mfg'ing and middle class wage status weakening the main engine of supply and demand that drives our economy. Corp America and their Wash DC connected lobbiest have steadily promoted Xtreme off the chart profit margins for the CEO's, top Exec's and top shareholders at the expense of the stagnate American worker's wage or extinction, while rec'ving tax benefits at the same time their screwing the average Joe. The greed factor at the top of Corperate America is so warped, they actually believe they deserves bonuses for failure....what does that message give the American wage earner ? A pink slip.... Cutting taxes in a reccessionairy period with the debt so high is Reaganomically trickle-down suicide...:death:

Yes, taxes will rise, but the best analogy given, will mostly be modeled after our toll roads. The more you use it, the more you pay. Cost conscience Consumers, are resourceful, they will find side roads to avoid higher taxes. And many, may not like it, but will find it convienent and are willing to pay the toll to get them where they want swifty at the same time, maintaining their road to redemption.

Your logic here is to get pissed because someone spilled a beer and throw the whole case away.

You folks can no longer talk about Bushs spending with Obama throwing away trillions.

Hey heres you liberal economic recovery plan..... ready?

After they lose their jobs and their homes we'll rasie their taxes.

what a winner!!