Republicans war on unions marches forward

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Not that long ago we wouldn't do business with China due to human rights differences. Obviously the policy has changed (by popular vote to, lol), and now they leverage near slave labor against their own American Labor. Classy.

Corporations want a free market, but try to circumvent the free market on labor, hiring illegals, giving mfg away to countries with totally different economic situations, etc.

So when Foxconn gets their robots in place, that is actually the start of business coming back to America. A robot in America is more cost effective vs one in china, less freight.

Is there really an industrial boom anywhere in America today?

That post is just weird ... I think it needed about 300% more words.

TUT

That post is just weird ... I think it needed about 300% more words.

1. Surely you are old enough to know not long ago we wouldn't do business with China until they addressed human rights.
2. They didn't adjust, we caved and took their cheap labor.
3. We leveraged China against the American worker and American's took it in the shorts with job loss and pay reduction.
4. Corps use Free markets to explain their needs. Farmers in California are complaining they don't have enough field workers for 2013, so they are asking for additional looser illegal labor laws (lol) so they can get additional cheap labor. Not respecting how free markets also include labor and the wages people will work for.
5. So in all of that, a curve ball comes in. Foxconn who employess 1.3 million Chinese, is looking to replace 1 million workers with robots in the next 2-3 years. To reduce their costs and up their quality.
6. There are people in America that feel if China can do robots for most of the work, there is no reason America cannot. Since the cost of robots is close enough to the same in China as America, it could lead to a shift in business coming back to America to save on ocean freight, thus American robot created product could be cheaper then Chinese product.

It's sort of like a what has happened and where things maybe going with mfg jobs.

The reply was to point out that employers want to reduce cost, at any cost. And there are points they can go which are too far, it's not all woe is the job creator.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
1. Surely you are old enough to know not long ago we wouldn't do business with China until they addressed human rights.
2. They didn't adjust, we caved and took their cheap labor.
3. We leveraged China against the American worker and American's took it in the shorts with job loss and pay reduction.
4. Corps use Free markets to explain their needs. Farmers in California are complaining they don't have enough field workers for 2013, so they are asking for additional looser illegal labor laws (lol) so they can get additional cheap labor. Not respecting how free markets also include labor and the wages people will work for.
5. So in all of that, a curve ball comes in. Foxconn who employess 1.3 million Chinese, is looking to replace 1 million workers with robots in the next 2-3 years. To reduce their costs and up their quality.
6. There are people in America that feel if China can do robots for most of the work, there is no reason America cannot. Since the cost of robots is close enough to the same in China as America, it could lead to a shift in business coming back to America to save on ocean freight, thus American robot created product could be cheaper then Chinese product.

It's sort of like a what has happened and where things maybe going with mfg jobs.

The reply was to point out that employers want to reduce cost, at any cost. And there are points they can go which are too far, it's not all woe is the job creator.

Not sure if that was 300% but I do understand your point now.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Ignorant people don't understand the politics that underlie RTW. The GOP could care less about workers, and they know that the financing of a major opponent will be undercut. That's also why they are attacking the USPS...biggest union in the US.

To the GOP, the only thing that matters is getting the cheapest possible labor available in order to maximize short-term profit and enrich the top people in the company pyramid. Short-sighted...and ignorant.

Yep, there sure are a lot of ignorant people regarding the economics of labor.

Your devoted partisan hackery response to every issue that is beyond your comprehension is cute.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
No thanks homeboy. You can keep the south. I'll gladly pay the premium where I live. Nobody is chasing anyone away just as a lot of people blame illegals for taking jobs and driving down wages, you southerners are doing the same. How ironic.

Oh, you poor thing. No one is driving down the wages. Not only do you not know how the proper use of the word "ironic," you seemed to have skipped school on the day they taught the lesson on market equilibrium. If you babies would stop creating such high demand for good paying jobs, we'd quit stealing them!

MAKAVELI

No thanks homeboy. You can keep the south. I'll gladly pay the premium where I live. Nobody is chasing anyone away just as a lot of people blame illegals for taking jobs and driving down wages, you southerners are doing the same. How ironic.

Oh, you poor thing. No one is driving down the wages. Not only do you not know how the proper use of the word "ironic," you seemed to have skipped school on the day they taught the lesson on market equilibrium. If you babies would stop creating such high demand for good paying jobs, we'd quit stealing them![/QUOTE

Oh please give us a lesson in GOP economics please, please, please. And a grammar lesson while your at it , oh smart one. I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy.