Republicans

Babagounj

Strength through joy
toon031216b.png

vantexan

bbsam

Staff member
I wonder when those 5 years were? And the what was it, $360 billion, that he said it would be without the tax cuts? That's if the economy performed as well which it probably wouldn't have without the tax cuts and reducing regulations. Damned if you do...

But before you and others lose it it's definitely a problem that must be addressed.
I just want it established that it is a problem and has been a problem that republicans have completely ignored as they trumpet the success of the economy. Because it’s only when democrats are in control that we hear anything about the deficit.

vantexan

I just want it established that it is a problem and has been a problem that republicans have completely ignored as they trumpet the success of the economy. Because it’s only when democrats are in control that we hear anything about the deficit.
I've been saying it all along but I am glad the economy is doing better. Also keep in mind that the Democrats are now in charge of the purse strings so let's see a team effort to cut spending. Cut it so much that Bacha squeals like a stuck pig.

bbsam

Staff member
I've been saying it all along but I am glad the economy is doing better. Also keep in mind that the Democrats are now in charge of the purse strings so let's see a team effort to cut spending. Cut it so much that Bacha squeals like a stuck pig.
How much better is it if we’re just running up the debt?

newfie

Well considering the republicans had a super majority when this last bloated budget was passed and did not need to appease the democrats and buy their votes with any spending increases on social programs I suppose your assessment is completely accurate and does not need to be further questioned.

I suppose you could have blamed both sides for the out of control spending but that would have required objectivity.

I suppose you could have pointed out that the democrats have not offered any spending cuts since they took over the house but that would have required an objective anaylsis

any thing else you would like to totally misrepresent on partisan lines today?

newfie

How much better is it if we’re just running up the debt?

never heard you make that point during the Obama years. suddenly you're concerned about the deficit . cant put the brother down because of his skin color?

good news is you used to try to cherry pick wage increases to whine about but cant do that now that we're seeing wages consistently going up.

maybe trump can fix this one last problem in his second term since he's kicked ass on everything else.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Well considering the republicans had a super majority when this last bloated budget was passed and did not need to appease the democrats and buy their votes with any spending increases on social programs I suppose your assessment is completely accurate and does not need to be further questioned.

I suppose you could have blamed both sides for the out of control spending but that would have required objectivity.

I suppose you could have pointed out that the democrats have not offered any spending cuts since they took over the house but that would have required an objective anaylsis

any thing else you would like to totally misrepresent on partisan lines today?
So your argument is that Republicans don't need to worry about the debt because they can just blame everything on Democrats.
Sounds about right.
Carry on.