Request for documentation

serco

I am a ground swing contractor, I work between 26-35 weeks a year. I just received papers from Ground reqesting all tax employee and insurance paperwork for 2011 and 2012 as required under addendum 16. Im the only one in the terminal they are checking! Am I being targeted? I will be giving them the papers they want, as i am opperating in compliance with the agreement! Heres the problem, many other contractors in this terminal are not. They pay under the table no workers comp, no quarterlies filled, and have several employees! Anyone else have tis experience in their terminal yet?

STFXG

They check some randomly. I know a couple who have been picked. It's easy paperwork as long as you're legit. Turn in the contractors that are cheating the system and get free routes. They are scumbags anyways.

bbsam

Staff member
I am a ground swing contractor, I work between 26-35 weeks a year. I just received papers from Ground reqesting all tax employee and insurance paperwork for 2011 and 2012 as required under addendum 16. Im the only one in the terminal they are checking! Am I being targeted? I will be giving them the papers they want, as i am opperating in compliance with the agreement! Heres the problem, many other contractors in this terminal are not. They pay under the table no workers comp, no quarterlies filled, and have several employees! Anyone else have tis experience in their terminal yet?
Really? As STFXG said, you are in position to make a power play. But I'm not sure it would do any more than piss off the other contractors. Fedex isn't going to request their information on your tip. They will, however, crack down on the terminal management to crack down on the compliance. Last thing they want to do is wipe out a building full of contractors. That creates head aches. They may, however, take one out just as an example to the others.

Grounded

It's random BCSA compliance, it spits out a list and if you have to check those people on the list. They got lucky that it was you and you're legit, either way they are going to be happy about you being compliant.

Nick9075

Comply or you will get contract terminated. I have learned that your contract can be terminated for pretty much any reason or not renewed. I am being targeted for many reasons so in process of selling. Will still get back investment plus $50000.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Comply or you will get contract terminated. I have learned that your contract can be terminated for pretty much any reason or not renewed. I am being targeted for many reasons so in process of selling. Will still get back investment plus $50000.

Gee Whizzzzz,
Sounds exactly like working for Express.
Oh, but wait, you guys don't actually work for FedEx. Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

soc151

Pretty sure that swing contracts don't exist under ISP. If ISP is coming soon to your area, I would be looking into my options.

northbound

This is no big deal as long as you are doing what your contract states. Its supposed to be a random pull, not sure if once you're pulled you get taken out for a period or not. ISP will be everywhere just a matter of time. So if you want to stay around you'll need to grab some more routes no swings in the ISP.