requesting new package car?

wornoutupser

My old P-5 (still in service) has 1,329,000 and is still rolling...23 years seniority and I just got a 1996 package car. Keep dreaming kid!

If you want to drive the van that you like..........you are working for the wrong company. I think they are mostly white in color and you must own it. You need to decide if you want to look good or make a good living. I found out long ago PRESTEGE is in your wallet. I promise you that UPS has people lined up that would love to have your job so my advice would be to be very thankful to have what you have. I do not work for UPS ( I am trying to get on at my local operations center ) But I have drove a semi for other union companies and they were not show pieces but when a company pays as much or more that any other company to do a job you have to feel good about yourself that you work for them and as long as it is safe drive it. JMO
Jack

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
we don;t have vans newbie!!!!!!! we gut pkg caahs!!! if ya wantah new one tell em you will have late air,missed pick ups and :lol: stops and your gonna take your 1 hour lunch and go ovah 9/5 till ya get it!!!! don't feel bad kid my tractah has 874k miles on it and 1 day last summah the a/c died causing the ice cubes in my coke to melt!!!! the next day the am antennah had a small nick and i couldn't get the sox game on. ya talk about a week from hell!! mothah of God i wuz in a living hell out there!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pip

Originally Posted by over9five
Just write it up in your DVIR. You'll have one tomorrow.
/QUOTE]

pip Writes reply in dvir book...

no problem driver, your new reconditioned p-500 is on order! Complete with A/C and an 8 speaker system complete with a Kenwood stereo, CD changer, amp and subwoofer.:w00t: :w00t:

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
Sprinter :lol: lot of life left:lol: :lol: .
I have one in my fleet has a little over 130k has had 2 transmission, 1 engine in the last 8 months. It's due to be disposed of in 2 yrs:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . I figure UPS will keep it for another 20 just to be safe.

browniehound

we don;t have vans newbie!!!!!!! we gut pkg caahs!!! if ya wantah new one tell em you will have late air,missed pick ups and :lol: stops and your gonna take your 1 hour lunch and go ovah 9/5 till ya get it!!!! don't feel bad kid my tractah has 874k miles on it and 1 day last summah the a/c died causing the ice cubes in my coke to melt!!!! the next day the am antennah had a small nick and i couldn't get the sox game on. ya talk about a week from hell!! mothah of God i wuz in a living hell out there!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Woodsy,
Nice accent. I never realize how bad we actually sound until I hear Baahbra from Doorchesta call the radio station with her thick bawston accent and reveal to the whole city how much of a dumb housewive she is. (no offense to housewives in general, just the ones who call Boston radio stations in the morning with thick accents and thick heads)

Cementups

Box Monkey
Sprinter :lol: lot of life left:lol: :lol: .
I have one in my fleet has a little over 130k has had 2 transmission, 1 engine in the last 8 months. It's due to be disposed of in 2 yrs:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . I figure UPS will keep it for another 20 just to be safe.

For the price they pay for hte things, I''m really not expecting it to last the rest of my career. Alot of the problem tends to be drivers who beat the crap out of them. What do they care, it's not theirs. But they are the first ones bitching when it's offline for service. My mechanic thanks me often for taking care of my package car and not beating it like the other fellow in our center that has one.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Woodsy,
Nice accent. I never realize how bad we actually sound until I hear Baahbra from Doorchesta call the radio station with her thick bawston accent and reveal to the whole city how much of a dumb housewive she is. (no offense to housewives in general, just the ones who call Boston radio stations in the morning with thick accents and thick heads)
thanks brownie hound someday we';ll meet up and go to friggin kellys down to REVEEERH and grab a clam plate and sum chowdah then watch da hot babes go by in theeere cahs ! GO SOX !!!!!!!!!!!!

helenofcalifornia

You got the wrong attitude. Just start customizing the truck with your personal items in the truck. My truck is one of the oldest one in the center but I just warm her up before I leave in the morning, listen to her backfire all day long, check to see if the pavement is wet by looking at the holes in the floorboard before I getout of the truck, and listen to my radio all day long. If you got it in your head your driving junk, it will tear you up all day long.

Sammie

I love all of your accents! We here in Colorado are pretty sad because we don't have any....

I remember working in customer service and making calls way down South somewhere to look for some lost packages. One guy in a southern UPS center answered the phone, "This is
Rhett..." A few phone calls later a lady answered the phone
in another southern UPS center, "This is Scahlett..." Being a northerner, I was charmed...

You poor guy who left himself open to wanting a new van...

Industrial Engineering dictates how many centers are necessary and when to replace the vehicles. These are engineers who don't muss themselves up by getting in a truck...

It's Not A Happening Thing!!

Maybe get hooked up with XM radio and make the most of your days!!??!!

sendagain

Like wow dude, that chowder idea is really cool, and it is Friday night. I think I'll go down with my peeps and find some of that groovy potion at the local diner.

browniehound

thanks brownie hound someday we';ll meet up and go to friggin kellys down to REVEEERH and grab a clam plate and sum chowdah then watch da hot babes go by in theeere cahs ! GO SOX !!!!!!!!!!!!

Woods,
Kellys (to non-new englanders its a roast beef place on Reveer beach, but now in Saugus also) sounds like a whic-ked good ideaah. But after Octoba da hot babes head south. Speakin of the 'Sox, have you evaa sat in the green monstaaah seats? (left field at wall at Fenway). I have. It was pourin rain but was whicked good experience.:thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I'm on vacation but I knw that while I am off my Sprinter jsut crossed 10k. It's got a lot of life left, I hope

They're crushing all the sprinters in our center. All of em have less than 300k. They say the repairs are just to costly. Which is a good thing because not one of them had a side door that would stay shut. No better feeling than rolling along at 55mph and hearing that door fly open, then checking the mirror just in time to see your handcart somersaulting down the road behind you....:cursing: