Required Notification for Saturday

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by hillbillyshakespeare, Nov 12, 2014.

1. I'm in the Southern region and I have searched on this forum and read my supplemental agreement to not truly find my answer.

I'm wanting to know if UPS is required to give a certain amount of notice to part time (preload/local sort) qualified Saturday Air Drivers? I'm getting tired of a call at 7:45 saying "you know you are working today right?" I know the bottom up can be forced, but just looking for clarification if there is a 24hr, 48hr, etc time frame.

2. fres431

fres431 Active Member

The sat sup in my building walks around or calls everyone Thursday to confirm call ins after accepting work is a write up

3. Peppermint Patty

Peppermint Patty Cardboard Pusher

We have a few different sups run our Saturday AIr Op all out of the same center I usually get a text on Friday with my start time it can be as late as 6pm or so. No sup runs it the same of course not that would be to easy. I usually just roll with it knowing I will work all day Saturday. Not sure if there is a specific tine they need to let you know by buy I understand your frustration.

4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I would think they would tell you no later than the day before that you would be working on Saturday.

What would happen if you were not given advance notice and decided to go out of town for the weekend?

5. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

I thought they had to give you at least 24 hours notice of any schedule change, no matter what. Can't imagine why that would be different for Sat air.

I wouldn't answer the call....

6. UpstateNYUPSer

We are supposed to get 24 hours notice of schedule changes of 1 hour or less and 72 hours notice of 1 hour or more.

Not answering the call may put you back at the bottom of the call list.

7. Not answering this past Saturday is exactly what I did :biggrin:. This week is chugging along and looking like no notification will be given either.

I did notice that they posted a fancy smhancy list of all TCD's/Air Drivers and they have the bottom 3 marked to work every Saturday.

8. UpstateNYUPSer

I guess in the South anything that is not written in crayon is fancy smhancy.

9. Living blue in a red state is hard I might say...

10. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Yes UPS by contract can force from the bottom up all Air Drivers. Of course all Air exception drivers can disqualify themselves also.

11. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

I don't understand why you signed up to be a Saturday Air driver if you don't want to work???

12. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I think he just wants to know the day before if he will be working instead of a wake up call Saturday morning. Just good management practice.

13. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

That's right , Dave. Do the South a favor and stay up north.

14. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

There should be a list posted in the office no later than Friday morning showing who is and isn't working.

15. UpstateNYUPSer

Sorry, it is a state law in NY that you must move to Florida when you retire.

16. PASinterference

Well load up the Crayolas and come on down then, Sonny boy!!! Lol

17. UpstateNYUPSer

Do they serve brunch at Waffle House or Shoney's?

18. PASinterference

Both...and Leroy's chitterling shack.