Required to drive on Saturday?

Sculpin

I am a preloaded. I also do some air driving. Mainly shuttling late air out to drivers during the week as needed; sometimes I make deliveries on Saturdays (about 2 days a month on average). I have a volunteering obligation this coming Saturday and I am afraid that I am going to be required to work (I now have the lowest seniority). Two guys on the air driver list went to FT ground. If they ask me to, am I requires to work on Saturday? What are the repercussions if I say no?

PT Car Washer

Under Art. 40 I believe they can force you to drive on Saturdays. Very seldom enforced in my building except for the Friday after Thanksgiving. Of course they can't stop you from calling in sick.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Tell them on Monday morning that you have another important obligation for Saturday. That puts the ball in their court.

I am not sure if they can force you. PT Car Washer says they can. I'd ask one of your stewards at the hub.

1Low59

In my ctr our utility drivers are so unreliable that we often have FT drivers working Saturday air. Easy OT.

1Low59

When I was a Part-timer I also had a full time job. I worked every Saturday delivering air for 2 years. Only had 1 day off a week until I went into FT Pkg driver.