Resched

troutster

Hi All,
Been lurking and enjoying reading about the UPS world.

Finally have a question of my own.

I recently ordered a Barnes and Noble NOOK reader for an upcoming trip. I ordered on 11/22 and it was shipped on 11/23. Track is 1Z1813430305898097.

Everything looked great. Today I log in and I see the dreaded Re-Scheduled message.

Any ideas about what could have happened? I have seen in other threads that sometimes you guys can add a little insight.

I am a little disappointed now because I fly out on 12/6 and won't have it for my trip. Any chance it gets to the local depot on the Friday before and I can drive over and pick it up?

Thanks,
Scott

UPSGUY72

The shipper sent the billing information to UPS on Nov 23, UPS didn't pick up the package untill Nov 24, it was put on a trailer that night. A delivery date was set by the departure scan however UPS didn't work on Nov 25 and Nov 26 was a Air only delivery day no pickups. A new date of delivery was based on that info. Your package is currently in a trailer on a railcar that is somewhere between SPARKS, NV and KINNELON, NJ. You should receive your package on Monday 12/6/10.

Once a package is in transit you can not change the the type of service on the package.

troutster

Thanks for the update. Also didn't realize Nov 26 was a Air only holiday. I guess my only hope is that it gets to the local depot on that Friday and I can drive over and get it, saving the driver the trip to my house.

UPSGUY72

Thanks for the update. Also didn't realize Nov 26 was a Air only holiday. I guess my only hope is that it gets to the local depot on that Friday and I can drive over and get it, saving the driver the trip to my house.

Your package with not arrive at the building untill late Friday night or early Sat morning you will have to wait till monday

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Call 1 8oo pick ups and tell them to stop and hold at the center. That way it wont go on the truck on the 6th and you can go pick it up in the am with out trying to find or wait all day for the driver !!

Or, like every other instance where someone "needs" that important item. Don`t wait until the last minute before it`s needed and then be concerned, upset, badmouth UPS or the shipper. Not that it has happened in this thread but more often than not it does.

UPSGUY72

Or, like every other instance where someone "needs" that important item. Don`t wait until the last minute before it`s needed and then be concerned, upset, badmouth UPS or the shipper. Not that it has happened in this thread but more often than not it does.

Isn't that the truth everyone wants there packages yesterday morning. They think they are the only person getting a package that day. They want next day early a.m. service and only pay for ground.

troutster

Yes, it was a semi-last minute purchase, and that is my fault. I came here and got some great information, which is more then I could've asked for.

Nothing but thanks from me.

troutster

Getting closer. :)

Package is now in Secaucus, NJ. From what I understand this is a sort facility and the package cannot be held there for me to go grab, which would be nice since I actually work close by.

I assume I have to wait until it gets to a closer facility before they can hold it for me?

Looking at how far this has come and now knowing it came via train, pretty impressive.