Rescheduled and other issues with UPS lately

tieguy

Banned
So anyone else ever have this exception - rescheduled? Did it actually show up on the new date they gave?

I've had quite a few show the rescheduled entry and still show up on time. If a load arrives late to a scheduled sort it will get the exception code put on it even though the sort may run service recovery on it. This gives the customer an explanation for any packages that do arrive late as a result of that load arriving late. In this case a package that is missorted will probably arrive a day late. sorry.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Will do. I've got to contact the company I ordered from that gave me the tracking number though, correct?

P.S. what do you mean by "13" ?

The 9th and 10th digits of the 1Z are the service code which identifies the level of service for that package. 01 is Next Day Air while 13 is Next Day Air Saver. The differences between the two are the commit time and the cost. Your pkg is a NDA SVR and it is going to a residential stop (your house) which means the commit time is end of business day.

bdblaza

The 9th and 10th digits of the 1Z are the service code which identifies the level of service for that package. 01 is Next Day Air while 13 is Next Day Air Saver. The differences between the two are the commit time and the cost. Your pkg is a NDA SVR and it is going to a residential stop (your house) which means the commit time is end of business day.

You're a UPS genius.

By the way - what would be the reasoning it switches between In Transit - Rescheduled and Exception - Rescheduled? Just wondering if its moving anywhere or getting dealt with somehow or what exactly

Another thing; thanks for all the help guys, you're all incredibly nice and helpful

Last edited:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You're a UPS genius.

By the way - what would be the reasoning it switches between In Transit - Rescheduled and Exception - Rescheduled? Just wondering if its moving anywhere or getting dealt with somehow or what exactly

Another thing; thanks for all the help guys, you're all incredibly nice and helpful

He knew that already.:greedy:

upandcomer

I am going to try and help as much as possible.

First off you are not entitled a refund from UPS, you would have to call the company you bought the product from. They can get a Guaranteed Service Refund, if it is a large business they have a GSR contract and they should refund the shipping portion no questions asked.

Secondly, this package had problems from the start, good job not getting the package an "origin scan" Minneapolis!

Thirdly, it didn't make the plane to Louisville last night. Probably because the same person who didn't get the package an Origin Scan also didn't send it the right direction.

Fourthly, it sucks to not have a package show up on time. You have to remember we ship roughly 65 million packages a week. We are 99% on-time, that means 650,000 packages a week don't make it on-time. We still kill FedEx and the USPS with the amount of packages we deliver "on time."

bdblaza

Thanks upandcomer, the package went from Minneapolis to Rockford, IL in less than an hour, which is really close to where I live. So I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be here by tomorrow! Again, thanks a lot from all of you. It was really surprising (and refreshing) to see how helpful everyone is and how serious you take your job. Even with the recent mix-ups I'd come back because of it

8up

I ordered from a website, no idea that the product was in MN to start with, however my two other packages ordered from the same place at the same time got here today, from TX, so dunno. As long as it gets here tomorrow, its alright I guess. Just would be terrible for it to take even longer.

with so many companies using 3PL, third party logistics, these days you can never tell where a package is coming from. when you order off a website, the shipper may be in California. one product from the same shipper may ship from a warehouse in Texas and another product from the same shipper may ship from a warehouse in Nevada.

upandcomer

with so many companies using 3PL, third party logistics, these days you can never tell where a package is coming from. when you order off a website, the shipper may be in California. one product from the same shipper may ship from a warehouse in Texas and another product from the same shipper may ship from a warehouse in Nevada.

Actually 99% of the time this is completely wrong. Each location of a shipper has its own shipper number, sometimes multiple shipper numbers. Amazon, QVC have tons of account numbers. Usually what you are seeing is large companies just have warehouses strategically put all over the country.

A shipper number is only allowed to have one pick-up address. A third party logistics company isn't going to take 500 packages to the counter or a drop box. So they have to be using different shipper numbers.

There are new systematic procedures in place like Zone Adjustment Processing (ZAP) that help deter shippers who incorrectly fill out labels or just outright defrauding us. Many shippers who do not have return service will bill a package from themselves to themselves and then send it to a person half way across the country thus making it eligible for a higher zoned rating. ZAP will zone it correctly.

bdblaza

If anyone is able to answer before it gets here; this package is worth about $300... I have yet to have to sign for a delivery here, they usually just leave it on my porch inside the door. Is there a certain dollar limit that they would require a signature? Or how does that usually work