Residential SO

Bankrupt

We were told today the commit time on resi so is now 8oclock and to basically straight line after p1 going forward. I haven't seen other posts about this happening anywhere I wonder if our idiot management team has jumped the gun. It'll be pretty funny if we took a bunch of lates today.

Myort

Does UPS have a similar commit on resi SO? If not, I would imagine they will advertise this advantage. Unless FedEx is going to use this to lower rates on SO service.

ProfitServiceProfit

A manager I know told me that the switch has been made internally so they don't show up late on the reports but customers can get a refund if delivered after 1500 until September 3rd when it is "official".

Looks like it's their solution to one of their problems with DRA.

El Morado Diablo

A manager I know told me that the switch has been made internally so they don't show up late on the reports but customers can get a refund if delivered after 1500 until September 3rd when it is "official".

Looks like it's their solution to one of their problems with DRA.

I believe this to be true. Our work group was told the change was coming and we don't have to worry about SO lates. I'll be interested to hear the reasoning behind the later commitment time. Seems like you'll get more complaints from customers wondering when you'll be there from 10:30am to 8:00pm.

Maui

I live in 4:30 commit area and had an estimated delivery of 2000 for a resi SO from Amazon. I checked the service guide to see if a switch had been made.

It will be much more efficient. It should also be cheaper. Could be away to salvage some overnight business, or increase profits at current prices.

DontThrowPackages

This is a test to see if customers will complain or not. If no complaints, then it will stay and I'll bet its will some how take away even more hours from FTer's.

STFXG

Id say its because express can't hit time commitments as it is. It's only getting worse. Open the window to make it easier.

vantexan

It means more part-timers over time with with work split between morning and evening crews. Mornings will concentrate on business, evening crews more resi and pickups most likely.

SmithBarney

Exactly van, it means P1 driver(then go home) afternoon driver(OR GROUND) shows up and delivers P2 till 8pm.... we are CAPITAL friend.....'d

TUT

I noticed a little while back on your .com offerings your services started listing 7PM delivery times, where I believe no so long ago it was 5PM. So lets see the big two, continue to raise prices, continue to invent new fee's and then make deliveries later. I would have to say, this is failing at least to some level.

ProfitServiceProfit

I think it's meant to make FedEx Delivery Manager a more enticing option for our customers.
I'm am still getting requests every day to del a reattempt by a certain time. I don't think the call centers or Csa's are even offering the appt delivery option.

Me too. I've asked why we aren't pushing the services more if we're in such dire financial straits and they say it's good customer service to just give it to them. I'd like McDonald's a lot more if they would just give me a cheeseburger for free when I want one....

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I noticed a little while back on your .com offerings your services started listing 7PM delivery times, where I believe no so long ago it was 5PM. So lets see the big two, continue to raise prices, continue to invent new fee's and then make deliveries later. I would have to say, this is failing at least to some level.

I like having you around, TUT.
You know your stuff and you obviously watch all the shipping policies and prices between all carriers to the max.

MAKAVELI

You would be right, it is failing. Only a matter of time before major investors realize they are investing in a big smelly turd.