Residential SO

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You would be right, it is failing. Only a matter of time before major investors realize they are investing in a big smelly turd.

I can hardly wait until the stock takes a dump and Fred has to stand in front of Wall Street and explain where their money went.

TUT

I like having you around, TUT.
You know your stuff and you obviously watch all the shipping policies and prices between all carriers to the max.

Their are plenty of us out here with large freight bills, that makes one keep up a bit. I'm not mad, but it is interesting to see what goes on.

vantexan

Probably. Without the Ground scam, FedEx has nothing keeping this log floating in the toilet.
This is what happens when competition is eliminated. Where are they going to go? If DHL had been able to make a go of it there'd be a totally different environment.

hypo hanna

I'm am still getting requests every day to del a reattempt by a certain time. I don't think the call centers or Csa's are even offering the appt delivery option.

Compleatly separate. There is a huge push to reduce WDL's that has nothing to do with selling the new CDO service. As with most things FedEx. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. The customer delivery option is a big money pit. By the time your dispatcher is done with his reports and messages, that 5 or 10 dollar surcharge is long gone.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I'm curious about what you guys would do about this scenario. I had a package going to a business that had moved. Dex 3. I get a message from Dispatch supposedly correcting the address but it was for the same suite number. I informed them the recipient had moved. I was told to Dex 3 AGAIN. I might be wrong, but that seems like falsification. I'm NOT going to do that so that they can avoid being on a report. What do you think?

hypo hanna

I'm curious about what you guys would do about this scenario. I had a package going to a business that had moved. Dex 3. I get a message from Dispatch supposedly correcting the address but it was for the same suite number. I informed them the recipient had moved. I was told to Dex 3 AGAIN. I might be wrong, but that seems like falsification. I'm NOT going to do that so that they can avoid being on a report. What do you think?

As long as the dispatcher told you in a text msg, you are covered.

DontThrowPackages

Go back to the stop again, see that it's still a dex 3 and just be happy you got paid extra for them not believing you. I do it all the time. And I usually wait til I'm ready to head back to the station before I reattempt anything. It's almost as if they're hoping you'll just sit in your truck and Dex 3 it or Dex8 it. Nope! They want me to go back to a place which I know is a back address then its not my fuel being wasted.

MAKAVELI

On another note, FedEx sure is pushing their delivery manager flop. Watching the Denver V St Louis preseason game and their commercials have come up multiple times. It's hilarious that they are so desperate and now advertising this crap on preseason games.

whenIgetthere

Go back to the stop again, see that it's still a dex 3 and just be happy you got paid extra for them not believing you. I do it all the time. And I usually wait til I'm ready to head back to the station before I reattempt anything. It's almost as if they're hoping you'll just sit in your truck and Dex 3 it or Dex8 it. Nope! They want me to go back to a place which I know is a back address then its not my fuel being wasted.

I know what you mean. Had one for a lawyer at the beginning of P2 cycle Friday, closed, sign on door saying closed till Monday. Dex08 it, with future reattempt (and no way was I going to falsify and do a dex17). Get message from manager, must reattempt today. At end of route, head back over during rush hour (and mind you the route finishes within 2 miles of the station), 20 minutes over, still closed (surprise), 20 minutes back! What little profit could be made is gone. Geez, I can't figure out why 10% margin isn't feasible! To prevent a WDL, we blow any profit, asinine!

Maui

I know what you mean. Had one for a lawyer at the beginning of P2 cycle Friday, closed, sign on door saying closed till Monday. Dex08 it, with future reattempt (and no way was I going to falsify and do a dex17). Get message from manager, must reattempt today. At end of route, head back over during rush hour (and mind you the route finishes within 2 miles of the station), 20 minutes over, still closed (surprise), 20 minutes back! What little profit could be made is gone. Geez, I can't figure out why 10% margin isn't feasible! To prevent a WDL, we blow any profit, asinine!

It is still a WDL. A business DEX08 counts as a WDL no matter how many attempts are made. To me, posted hours and being closed is a legitimate DEX 17. At my house if I were receiving a package and left a note that I would be out of town until Monday I would prefer not to leave a box out all weekend.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
That's because we have incompetent upper management who thinks any of their ideas are all more than brilliant while us slugs who do the actual jobs all have ideas that totally suck.

A business DEX08 counts as a WDL no matter how many attempts are made.
​Case in point.

MAKAVELI

It is still a WDL. A business DEX08 counts as a WDL no matter how many attempts are made. To me, posted hours and being closed is a legitimate DEX 17. At my house if I were receiving a package and left a note that I would be out of town until Monday I would prefer not to leave a box out all weekend.
The thing is this push on WDLs has nothing to do with the customer and everything to do with productivity. They could care less that the customer didn't get the pkg, but they sure don't want to be paying us for unproductive stops.

DontThrowPackages

The thing is this push on WDLs has nothing to do with the customer and everything to do with productivity. They could care less that the customer didn't get the pkg, but they sure don't want to be paying us for unproductive stops.

I think you're right. They can't stand the fact that packages aren't delivered on the same day. Dex 8's create extras stop for the next day and extra hours for the courier. They don't see that dex 8 as "lets hope the customer is home today" but rather, " the customer is costing us money for not being here.

whenIgetthere

I agree with you, but their thinking is if we get rid of the package on the second attempt, same day, it's an RDL. Either way, profit is already gone after blowing 40 minutes for a reattempt. And unless the note reads fedex please deliver my package Monday, and signed by the consignee, then it isn't a DEX 17 to me.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I think you're right. They can't stand the fact that packages aren't delivered on the same day. Dex 8's create extras stop for the next day and extra hours for the courier. They don't see that dex 8 as "lets hope the customer is home today" but rather, " the customer is costing us money for not being here.
Exactly! It's all about the bottom line and customer service is shoved into a corner.

SmithBarney

Consult MGR also, and ask for clarification on process in writing. and also ask what is an acceptable time difference(can you try again in 1 minute or does it have to be 1,2,3 hours later?)

overflowed

I have heard from management that it is not a WDL if it has been attempted twice within the commit window. So if you attempted twice before 1030 a P1 that is all that's needed and won't hit the station. No need to attempt that day anymore. Not that I really care about that or not. This is my point here. One of us is wrong. Maybe you, maybe me. But, it is the very management of this company telling us that it is correct. One of my biggest frustrations with our management are these multiple answers to one question.