Residential SO

TUT

From your perspective it may appear that way, but from ours on the inside it doesn't. There are dedicated costs to this service that they aren't recouping. Kinkos er FedEx Office was a fail from the start. A very small percentage of customers who use this service won't make up for the billions sunk into Kinkos er FedEx Office and millions spent on this new service. Sorry but spending a dollar to save 5 cents just doesn't work.

Kinko's is done and over with, it is bought. Sure it might have been stupid but that doesn't matter anymore and Fedex using it to leverage shipping seems reasonably a good idea.

TUT

Here is something else to think about. Are they going to charge the same rate as commercial stops? If so I wouldbe pissed as a customer. Not to mention the resi surcharge.

I'll check but I think if you create a home delivery shipment and divert it to Fedex Office you still pay the resi, almost sure. However you can also save ~$3/pkg if you make a shipment directly to Fedex Office vs residential. Perhaps even save of delivery area surcharges, savings x2!

MAKAVELI

Here is something else to think about. Are they going to charge the same rate as commercial stops? If so I wouldbe pissed as a customer. Not to mention the resi surcharge.

I'll check but I think if you create a home delivery shipment and divert it to Fedex Office you still pay the resi, almost sure. However you can also save ~$3/pkg if you make a shipment directly to Fedex Office vs residential. Perhaps even save of delivery area surcharges, savings x2!
Most customers don't want to pickup their packages even if it saves them a couple bucks.

MAKAVELI

Most customers don't want to pickup their packages even if it saves them a couple bucks.
Based on the amount of crap we divert to our Office locations per customer request, I'm going to disagree.
Based on what I see come down the belt every morning into the trucks and number of 3rd attempts I make, I'm going to disagree. Sitting behind a desk you don't have that perspective. It's a small percentage that gets diverted.

MAKAVELI

And as far as I know in my local the only way to pick up a ground package is to divert it to an office location. That's probably why you see more going to an office location.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Based on what I see come down the belt every morning into the trucks and number of 3rd attempts I make, I'm going to disagree. Sitting behind a desk you don't have that perspective. It's a small percentage that gets diverted.

Most customers don't want the hassle of going to some Third World Kinkos location and having to deal with the second-graders who work there.

CJinx

A small percentage overall, yes; but a large percentage of all packages that are negatively impacting real service.
I don't have to be on a vanline to see physically see packages when I can read the report from my office.

My station allows walk-in pickups even though we have a Fedex Office within a couple miles of us. They have better hours though.

MAKAVELI

A small percentage overall, yes; but a large percentage of all packages that are negatively impacting real service.
I don't have to be on a vanline to see physically see packages when I can read the report from my office.

My station allows walk-in pickups even though we have a Fedex Office within a couple miles of us. They have better hours though.
Like I said in my station it's a very small %. Most people want the service they are paying for. Which is to have us del their pkg to them.

TUT

Most people like free shipping. So most people like to save. My scenario would be for the person getting several pkgs at once and knowing better to save. In terms of what Fedex gets out of this, there are a lot of people day to day that won't be home and would like their package held. If it's .01%, it adds up.

TUT

Like I said in my station it's a very small %. Most people want the service they are paying for. Which is to have us del their pkg to them.

And that is why both carriers usually give you a percentage off to waive money back guarantee. The #'s are good enough and it's a pain for all parties to do the work to get it back. So they cut a deal to make life a little more pleasant. And probably another reason why some delivery commits are getting later.

TUT

Most customers don't want the hassle of going to some Third World Kinkos location and having to deal with the second-graders who work there.

Funny, I never found them 3rd world nor second graders. In fact I have picked up packages, places seem very well kept, very large in general and I give them my details and they go grab the package. I don't know why you can't just call all things fairly and just make everything suck, because imo you lose credibility. For example, the place is a lot better kept and organized vs the Post Office's.

MAKAVELI

And that is why both carriers usually give you a percentage off to waive money back guarantee. The #'s are good enough and it's a pain for all parties to do the work to get it back. So they cut a deal to make life a little more pleasant. And probably another reason why some delivery commits are getting later.
It has more to do with their plans of making Express more of a part time workforce. Making service wouldn't be a problem if they had enough couriers and just let us do our jobs. They have cut so many routes over the years along with the micromanagement have turned most stations into giant cluster-fu cks. So believe what you want about this company but just remember you are on the outside looking in. They only tell the general public what they want to and even that is twisted.

TUT

It has more to do with their plans of making Express more of a part time workforce. Making service wouldn't be a problem if they had enough couriers and just let us do our jobs. They have cut so many routes over the years along with the micromanagement have turned most stations into giant cluster-fu cks. So believe what you want about this company but just remember you are on the outside looking in. They only tell the general public what they want to and even that is twisted.

And remember I ship to all corners of the country, to the point I'm able to run trend analysts of all area's. Waiving Money Back if it isn't the standard for med-large companies, it is close. That doesn't mean your job doesn't suck, I'm just giving you a customers voice in this not having to know what happens behind scene's just looking at raw #'s. I wish you well, but also don't really care so much about your job, why? Because you really don't care about mine or others jobs, to the point you wouldn't get involved if there were problems at my place, you don't care, you just want your issues to be heard. I have no doubt they are trying to run as tight as possible, welcome to 2013.

MAKAVELI

And remember I ship to all corners of the country, to the point I'm able to run trend analysts of all area's. Waiving Money Back if it isn't the standard for med-large companies, it is close. That doesn't mean your job doesn't suck, I'm just giving you a customers voice in this not having to know what happens behind scene's just looking at raw #'s. I wish you well, but also don't really care so much about your job, why? Because you really don't care about mine or others jobs, to the point you wouldn't get involved if there were problems at my place, you don't care, you just want your issues to be heard. I have no doubt they are trying to run as tight as possible, welcome to 2013.
No, welcome to China. Obviously you care to some degree that you spend your time posting on a board justifying such business practices. There is a difference between running a tight operation and running a company into the ground. But hey it's all good as long as your packages are del on time or you get your refunds. The difference between your perspective and mine is what we have invested in this business.

MAKAVELI

Let's say he does care. So what? What would you have him do?
For one , call it for what it is. Secondly don't try to justify it. This attitude of keeping the status quo has been at the heart of the problem for many years. Thirdly, if he truly cares , vote with his wallet. Don't do business with such a corrupt company.

TUT

The difference between your perspective and mine is what we have invested in this business.

Same for me and my own. Several times blanket statements come out about if customers knew or what customers must think. I'm giving you a free service to some extent on how we feel from a shipper and recipients perspective. To note if you guys do bad, we hear it perhaps even more than you do. We are the one's that sold the product and to a buyer we are the ultimate responsible party, fact. I can run metrics that can tell you how much you have fallen or not from all corners. So sure you know inside politics, you know the short comings, some of that is measurable to me and most isn't. As to how hellish your job is, we all really only care about A1. I would assume your answer to me would be if I hate my job when everything is considered, is that I should seek employment elsewhere, why? Because it is by far the most logical answer. None of our jobs are sentences and there are always better jobs out there for those that REALLY apply themselves. My gut tells me a lot of blah blah here is legit to a level certainly, but it also shows me people that won't do the extra efforts to find something better for themselves and put this job behind them. just wanting to hope in some way the job will just get better because it should if it is righteous. So you drown in your own sorrows. Like people, you should figure you ain't changing the company, so you need to find better company that fits your needs. But you'll fight that, knowing deep down it is more up to you.

I don't like a lot of things that you guys are against as well, but there is a point knowing it, but then facing the realities of what it is and taking advantage of those realities for you and your own. I personally don't like Wall Street, I still invest, because I'm falling way behind if I don't. Falls into if you can't beat'm, join'm. But I'd rather it just be gone and work from there, however that isn't reality.