Resign... or Change, Mr. President

tieguy

Banned
"Some have said we must not act until the threat is imminent. Since when have terrorists and tyrants announced their intentions, politely putting us on notice before they strike?
If this threat is permitted to fully and suddenly emerge, all actions, all words and all recriminations would come too late. Trusting in the sanity and restraint of Saddam Hussein is not a strategy, and it is not an option.
(APPLAUSE)
The dictator who is assembling the world's most dangerous weapons has already used them on whole villages, leaving thousands of his own citizens dead, blind or disfigured. Iraqi refugees tell us how forced confessions are obtained: by torturing children while their parents are made to watch. International human rights groups have catalogued other methods used in the torture chambers of Iraq: electric shock, burning with hot irons, dripping acid on the skin, mutilation with electric drills, cutting out tongues, and rape. "

A point I made earlier.

av8torntn

Diesel

I think we have all seen that clip of Clinton getting called on the carpet by that reporter. That does not change the fact that what he did was amount to sitting on his thumbs while terrorists groups escalated their attacks on our country. I know he bombed an aspirin factory but we needed real action and that was supposed to be his big response but come on even you've gotta have a hard time defending him here. It was funny, as a side note, to watch him blame Bush and the CIA for his own inaction. I had forgotten about that part. Maybe if he wouldn't have been playing hide the cigar with that fat intern we never would've had 911 but we'll never know now will we? Doesn't it seem kinda strange to you that he wants to blame his inaction on the arrest of Bin Laden because the guys he put in charge of the CIA would not "certify" he was a bad guy? It's funny how the dimocrats love to quote the 911 commission report and then to see the false outrage by Clinton over them pointing out how his inactions caused great harm to our nation. More proof that elections have consequences.

av8torntn

tieguy;748685 [COLOR=blue said:
A point I made earlier. [/COLOR]

Sorry I only linked to it because I thought someone had said that Bush kept changing his reasons to go to war and this speech clearly showed that before we went to war he offered many reasons he felt were valid to go.

av8torntn

[video=youtube;3L2513JFJsY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L2513JFJsY[/video]

And Clinton admitting he did nothing when he had the chance. He actually helped convince Sudan to send him to Afghanistan.

[video=youtube;lqdpAQFQlHQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqdpAQFQlHQ[/video]

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
Are you willing to use this line of reasoning when it comes to insurance companies, banks, and buying votes?

Yes. All of the above. And let's not forget to follow the money when reading/viewing political ads. Let's differentiate between grass roots and astroturf.

klein

Für Meno :)
I'm just totally surprised the rightwingers on here are defending the Iraq invasion and war, that costed trillions, for nothing !

Yes, you got rid of Saddam, but once you leave, it's just another vunerable country, that Al Quada and even the Taliban can find a safe haven in it.

You destroyed their military, weapons, tanks, etc. And basically the whole Army they once had.
Set them back into middle age century.
As we all know Saddam would have died anyways by now.

Bush did manage to convince most of the american people to go to war, and as I see here, they are still convinced it was right, to go without Nato or UN support.

Well, I'm glad Canada said NO !!! When Bush made his world tour to convince other countries to join him.
We would be paying for that mistake now, too. Afghanistan turned out to be costly enough !
In Dollars and Soldiers .

Have fun paying off those trilions spent and still spending !

tieguy

Banned
We didn't defend "the iraq" we attacked it. We attacked it after

Iraq invaded kuwaitt and we had to drive them out
Iraq not only violated but thumbed their noses at 12 years of un sanctions
Iraq used weapons of mass destruction to kill 50 to 100 thousand innocent kurds
Iraq used weapons of mass destruction to kill Iranians
Iraq secretly engaged in arms for food deals with france and russia in violation of un sanctions
iraq continued attempting to pursue the means to build nuclear weapons which would have totally destabalized the middle east.
Iraq allowed terrorist to build training camps in northern iraq and allowed them to practice their kraft on the kurds.
Iraq allowed a prominent terrorist leader to openly live in Bagdad

Should we have ignored all this and sat around with our thumbs up our rears as canada did? your freedom and ability to live on government hand outs forever is due to americans living and dying in an effort to maintain world order.
I don't expect your to actually grow a pair and do your own fighting I do expect you to support those troops who have indirectly died to help you live your life of leeching luxery.

klein

Iraq was no threat !
The UN , even under some scrutiny had access to Iraq !

They were such a threat to the middle east, that Isreal didn't even pay much attention.
And , Israel is the first country in the middle east to defend itself. They have proven it, over and over again !

Yes, Canada, and most of the world sat back, and just watched, just like we did with Vietnam. I suppose you supported that war, too. Or still do.

And if the US is soo concerned about people, where were they in AFRICA ???
Sudan, Dalfu, Zimbawee ? I didn't see any big military operations there, as MILLIONS got killed !!!

Oh, right.... no Oil, there !!!!

I'm just totally surprised the rightwingers on here are defending the Iraq invasion and war, that costed trillions, for nothing !

Yes, you got rid of Saddam, but once you leave, it's just another vunerable country, that Al Quada and even the Taliban can find a safe haven in it.

You destroyed their military, weapons, tanks, etc. And basically the whole Army they once had.
Set them back into middle age century.
As we all know Saddam would have died anyways by now.

Bush did manage to convince most of the american people to go to war, and as I see here, they are still convinced it was right, to go without Nato or UN support.

Well, I'm glad Canada said NO !!! When Bush made his world tour to convince other countries to join him.
We would be paying for that mistake now, too. Afghanistan turned out to be costly enough !
In Dollars and Soldiers .

Have fun paying off those trilions spent and still spending !
What I find amazing is the utter ignorance "monday morning quaterbacks" spew.

klein

What I find amazing is the utter ignorance "monday morning quaterbacks" spew.

Go ahead and justify it, just if you had to pay the bill now.... it's probably more then $50K per US resident. If you are a family of 4... pay the $200 K..... and still await more bills from it.
Was it really worth it ?

And if Saddam would have gotten too much out of control, you would have had the whole world to split that cost.

But, Bush couldn't wait ! For what ?

Iraq was no threat !
The UN , even under some scrutiny had access to Iraq !

They were such a threat to the middle east, that Isreal didn't even pay much attention.
And , Israel is the first country in the middle east to defend itself. They have proven it, over and over again !

Yes, Canada, and most of the world sat back, and just watched, just like we did with Vietnam. I suppose you supported that war, too. Or still do.

And if the US is soo concerned about people, where were they in AFRICA ???
Sudan, Dalfu, Zimbawee ? I didn't see any big military operations there, as MILLIONS got killed !!!

Oh, right.... no Oil, there !!!!
You have no idea if Iraq was a threat or not.
How can you say all the things Tie listed were not threats and defiance of the United Nothing?
Israel never took their eyes off of Iraq, to believe that one would have to have their head in the sand.
As far as supporting the Viet Nam war, not so much as I was in full support of the Men and Women that fought there and YES I still do. Got a problem with that Cannuk?

Go ahead and justify it, just if you had to pay the bill now.... it's probably more then $50K per US resident. If you are a family of 4... pay the $200 K..... and still await more bills from it.
Was it really worth it ?

And if Saddam would have gotten too much out of control, you would have had the whole world to split that cost.

But, Bush couldn't wait ! For what ?
I guess he should have waited till Iraq developed a long range Nuc and then said sorry Canada that the fall out included you.

klein

You have no idea if Iraq was a threat or not.
How can you say all the things Tie listed were not threats and defiance of the United Nothing?
Israel never took their eyes off of Iraq, to believe that one would have to have their head in the sand.
As far as supporting the Viet Nam war, not so much as I was in full support of the Men and Women that fought there and YES I still do. Got a problem with that Cannuk?

Yes, I do have an idea that Iraq was no threat. Besides a few old tanks, some old army rifles, they had nothing.
They lost everything in the first war.
Yeah, weapons of mass destruction, none found ! Rockets , none found !
Nuclear sites, none found ! Not even Uranium !

Thats why we didn't join the war with you, our own intellegent service (CSIS), couldn't confirm the CIA findings.
Same with the Israel Intellegence (probably the best in the world), either could the Russian, German, French, etc)..

And, so yes, they were no threat !!!!

tieguy

Banned
We didn't defend "the iraq" we attacked it. We attacked it after

Iraq invaded kuwaitt and we had to drive them out
Iraq not only violated but thumbed their noses at 12 years of un sanctions
Iraq used weapons of mass destruction to kill 50 to 100 thousand innocent kurds
Iraq used weapons of mass destruction to kill Iranians
Iraq secretly engaged in arms for food deals with france and russia in violation of un sanctions
iraq continued attempting to pursue the means to build nuclear weapons which would have totally destabalized the middle east.
Iraq allowed terrorist to build training camps in northern iraq and allowed them to practice their kraft on the kurds.
Iraq allowed a prominent terrorist leader to openly live in Bagdad

Should we have ignored all this and sat around with our thumbs up our rears as canada did? your freedom and ability to live on government hand outs forever is due to americans living and dying in an effort to maintain world order.
I don't expect your to actually grow a pair and do your own fighting I do expect you to support those troops who have indirectly died to help you live your life of leeching luxery.

:slap:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
" destroyed their military, weapons, tanks, etc. And basically the whole Army they once had.
Set them back into middle age century."
klein, you must have missed that video of where a couple of reporters drove on to an Iraq military base and no one was around, yet all their equipment was just sitting there unguarded.
Last night I saw again on the telly, just how brutal saddam was.
How his first act as president was to call out the names of 66 members of his own party and have soldiers lead them away, then after all the other members of his party swore their undying love for him, he gave each a weapon and ordered them to shoot one of the 66. How he made everyone distrust their own family members by having anyone who spoke against him tortured and killed. How he brought his sons along when he visited his favorite torture chambers. Quite an interesting show.

klein

We are so lucky to have canadians who enjoy the threat free world we provide them lecturing us on our foriegn policy.

Which world do you live in ?
Are you sure only fireworks will go off on July 4th ?

A world that attacked the Londen Subway and Busses, Spain, failed bomb attacks in Toronto, Germany, and eslewhere.
Recently failed to blow up NY Times Square.
Fort Hood, plane about to land in Detroit, just to name A few of all incidents.

And once we leave Aghanistan, don't be surprised if the Taliban seeks revenge, too.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
iroquois1.jpg

Don't mess with Canada.............

klein

" destroyed their military, weapons, tanks, etc. And basically the whole Army they once had.
Set them back into middle age century."
klein, you must have missed that video of where a couple of reporters drove on to an Iraq military base and no one was around, yet all their equipment was just sitting there unguarded.
Last night I saw again on the telly, just how brutal saddam was.
How his first act as president was to call out the names of 66 members of his own party and have soldiers lead them away, then after all the other members of his party swore their undying love for him, he gave each a weapon and ordered them to shoot one of the 66. How he made everyone distrust their own family members by having anyone who spoke against him tortured and killed. How he brought his sons along when he visited his favorite torture chambers. Quite an interesting show.

I realize all that, but was it right from Bush to have that "Can't wait any longer attitude" and go to war without the Nato or UN agreeing upon it, neccesary ?
I know, most of you hardliners, think scew Nato, screw the UN, they are useless. But, it sure would have saved you tons of money, if Bush would have had more patience.
Because, sooner or later Nato would have stepped up to the plate, if Saddam stopped complying.