Resigning

I have been thinking about it and it seems like I can't hang onto UPS anymore longer than I already did. I really wanted to make a career out of driving for UPS, but being a preloader with a secondary part time job kills me physically. Yes I know, if I can't handle this situation now, I probably won't be able to handle becoming a driver. I have been told that driving for UPS can be a perfect gig for someone but it can also be a gig that isn't. A lot of drivers from my building told me that if I'm planning to quit I should do it on the spot and not drag it out for a week, 2 weeks or a month. I also have a question, if anytime in the future that I think I might be physically and mentally prepared for UPS again, would I be able to re-apply for the job?

Depends on how long you have in, and how you quit, and your work ethic when you did work.
6 months in, informed my supervisor, I tend to call-in sick more than usual(once a week or every 2 weeks) but was quick and good on my loads

A driving job isn't for everyone. I would rather make less money and be happy then be miserable 5 days out of the week.
That is what I'm thinking too but I would love to make 6 figures in a year. I was also told by a employee who works inside the building that he rather make less money and actually have his kids know who he is and not someone who they see every now and then.

UPS is for the physically strong & strong minded, not weak in both categories. Many people whom I know of work 2 jobs counting UPS as 1 and seem to manage just fine; But if you can't handle it then hey, you can always quit and come back I would assume. & yes, FT driving is a SUPER huge gig. Good luck to you @UltimateParcelService

upschuck

6 months in, informed my supervisor, I tend to call-in sick more than usual(once a week or every 2 weeks) but was quick and good on my loads

That is what I'm thinking too but I would love to make 6 figures in a year. I was also told by a employee who works inside the building that he rather make less money and actually have his kids know who he is and not someone who they see every now and then.
Six months, won't have a chance, gotta have a year, from what I understand. Calling in that often won't help you get rehired, you quit, you are gone forever.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1458652328.650360.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have been thinking about it and it seems like I can't hang onto UPS anymore longer than I already did. I really wanted to make a career out of driving for UPS, but being a preloader with a secondary part time job kills me physically. Yes I know, if I can't handle this situation now, I probably won't be able to handle becoming a driver. I have been told that driving for UPS can be a perfect gig for someone but it can also be a gig that isn't. A lot of drivers from my building told me that if I'm planning to quit I should do it on the spot and not drag it out for a week, 2 weeks or a month. I also have a question, if anytime in the future that I think I might be physically and mentally prepared for UPS again, would I be able to re-apply for the job?
everyone gets a trophy and this is what we end up with.

I think it's just the crappy starting time and pay that's really unsettling. I still need to complete the paperwork for the resignation, would I still be able to turn around if I choose not to fill it out?

upschuck

I think it's just the crappy starting time and pay that's really unsettling. I still need to complete the paperwork for the resignation, would I still be able to turn around if I choose not to fill it out?
It is not official until you turn it in, or quit coming to work, and they terminate you. You should be fine, it is all talk right now.

JL 0513

You call out once every week or two? You shouldn't have had a chance to quit, you should've been fired months ago. In 9 years with UPS, I've called out maybe 5 times.

Oh, and this isn't a "resignation". You're quitting a part time job. Don't expect to be hired back.

If you are having these doubts now about waiting to drive, quit now. The more you get invested into the conpany, the harder it is to leave for something else. Many of us waited patiently for over 5 years busting our balls PT for the chance to drive. When you have years vested, you don't want to throw it away.