Restaurant review, experience, etc......

moreluck

golden ticket member
Don't like most chains either. My family likes OG, & I usually get dragged into going there. It was a good experience tonight. Recently tried a chain Mexican joint- Chipotle. Actually pretty good.
I pulled up the Chipotle menu online......they are very close to our neighborhood. Not much to choose from. Haven't tried them yet, but it's on my list.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think my favorite restaurant ever was the Hard Eight in Stephensville Texas. Semi outside, very simple, nothing fancy, but OMG the food, and the good looking cowboys.
And the best had to be the Big Texan, in Amarillo. Just awesome food, and ditto on the good looking cowboys.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The article says Panera is doing OK.....I use Panera for the baguette to have with special spaghetti dinners. I think they are too pricey for the girls to meet for lunch or something similar. If I want to spend that much, I can go next door to the golf course....same price , better ambiance and great food.

We have Peet's Coffee, Panera Bread and Ralph's at the intersection inside the Talega Center......Sun Dried Tomato real close too.. We call it "the yuppie intersection".

I think my favorite restaurant ever was the Hard Eight in Stephensville Texas. Semi outside, very simple, nothing fancy, but OMG the food, and the good looking cowboys.
And the best had to be the Big Texan, in Amarillo. Just awesome food, and ditto on the good looking cowboys.

So crap on a shingle as long as there's good looking cowboys?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Took the granddaughter (19) to Macaroni Grill last night. It had been years that any of us had been there. We used to take her there as a child and she remembers coloring on the paper table covers with crayons.

I saw lobster ravioli on the menu and I had to try it. I will first mention that the appetizer (bruschetta)was great......and also other's dinners.

To me, lobster is like shrimp....you don't want to overcook it because it will be tough & stringy.. This lobster was so tough and stringy and it tasted "fishy".....that's a sign that it's not fresh. The ravioli macaronies were good, but the stuffing and the sprinkling of lobster meat was a waste. Luckily everybody else shared and we all left full.

Maybe it'll be another 10 years before we ever go there again.

Normally I would've complained to hell and back, but we were going shopping at TJ Maxx & More and I wanted to be in a good mood for that.