Restoration Hardware

1080Driver

My building for the last few days is slammed with RH catalogs (17 pounds each) with another trailer full coming in next week. We've been running helpers to try to keep up. I can't believe we're the only one's getting pounded with these.

Ouch

I use to get those and gap. The manager from gap would come down to the dock and put a few on a dolly the rest he threw in the dumpster at the dock as he saidhe had told them he ccouldn't give away that many catalogs in a year. He got them every month and every month i would call up to the store and he would repeat the process. Sure made pushing that cart a lot easier.

S

selfcancelsignal

These must be the catalogs our DM was telling us about at a PCM he lead last week. $4 mil worth going thru the UPS system. I've had 1 or 2 the last couple of days, but I'm covering a rural route this week. Can't wait for Amazon's 4 of July specials! He mentioned this too.

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

Mr Shifter

My building for the last few days is slammed with RH catalogs (17 pounds each) with another trailer full coming in next week. We've been running helpers to try to keep up. I can't believe we're the only one's getting pounded with these.

Running helpers. Wtf?

1080Driver

We were told "Do Not Bring any of them back as clerk work, give them to someone on the road but don't be the guy that brings one back". I must've had 30 of them Wednesday and 30 today. They were supposed to hit here last week in their own trailer, but maybe they held them to this week

mundele

I can't wait until they order all of the overweight packages so we can deliver them. Not.

Had about 40 today. 20 of them were were within two streets on my route. What a mess.

Sent using BrownCafe App

rod

Retired 22 years
These must be the catalogs our DM was telling us about at a PCM he lead last week. $4 mil worth going thru the UPS system. I've had 1 or 2 the last couple of days, but I'm covering a rural route this week. Can't wait for Amazon's 4 of July specials! He mentioned this too.

This sounds like a classic case of dumb sh-t management-itise. Who at this HR company made the call to ship trailer loads of catalogs via UPS when probably a couple bucks worth of 4th class postage would cover shipping one USPS. I would like to be there when the bean-counters at HR get the bill from UPS. Next thing you will hear is this HR company having a terrible quarter and CEO getting replaced (after he gets a multi-million dollar severance package). It makes UPS the winner but for the life of me I can't figure out why anyone would ship a catalog via UPS.

1080Driver

Its a bundle of about a dozen different catalogs strapped together in clear plastic; 17 pounds; seems like a big gamble with that much printing & shipping these days but what do I know?
Seems like a another Pottery Barn mess in the making if you ask me

upsguysf

Our building has been hit hard the last 3 days by Restoration catalogs. We are running peak loads on all routes. My route alone has had 80+ catalogs per day. Our center is a small one (40 routes) and volume has increased by 4-5K a day just from the catalogs.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I use to get those and gap. The manager from gap would come down to the dock and put a few on a dolly the rest he threw in the dumpster at the dock as he saidhe had told them he ccouldn't give away that many catalogs in a year. He got them every month and every month i would call up to the store and he would repeat the process. Sure made pushing that cart a lot easier.

This is a hand cart:
upload_2014-5-4_7-10-16-png.12923

This is a dolly:
upload_2014-5-4_7-11-48-png.12924
or this:
upload_2014-5-4_7-15-38-png.12925

jaker

trolling
Have not seen one yet , but that just might be because they have not made it out here yet

I bet they show up today and they run everybody heavy

S

selfcancelsignal

This sounds like a classic case of dumb sh-t management-itise. Who at this HR company made the call to ship trailer loads of catalogs via UPS when probably a couple bucks worth of 4th class postage would cover shipping one USPS. I would like to be there when the bean-counters at HR get the bill from UPS. Next thing you will hear is this HR company having a terrible quarter and CEO getting replaced (after he gets a multi-million dollar severance package). It makes UPS the winner but for the life of me I can't figure out why anyone would ship a catalog via UPS.
All true. This same DM also tried to explain it by saying the company sending them out thinks if people get these catalogs by mail, they're more likely to throw them away then if sent by UPS. LMAO. The ones I've seen were wrapped in dark gray plastic, not clear.