Restructuring - The good, bad and ugly.

tieguy

Banned
what might work in those type of cases is to post a picture of some unknown family to represent the family the driver may kill if he gets his job back. that way everyone knows who they should be fighting for.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
what might work in those type of cases is to post a picture of some unknown family to represent the family the driver may kill if he gets his job back. that way everyone knows who they should be fighting for.
If this case was as cut and dried as you say, why do you think the panel chose to reinstate this driver?

tieguy

Banned
I made the point that that whole process is unethical. You're trying to take it in a different direction.

I'm willing to go your route but lets wait until the guy kills your family with his negligence first so I know you're sincere.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You seem to be trying to make the point that the BA (at least in this case) was unethical but it wasn't the BA who reinstated the driver, it was a panel composed of members of both the company and the union. I don't understand why you're directing all your ire at the BA.

tieguy

Banned
There were many fine germans who got caught up in the atrocities of world war II Who justified their actions by claiming they were simply following orders. Doing their job.

What do you want me to tell you? You want me to agree with you so you feel better when the guy goes out and kills someone?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
There were many fine germans who got caught up in the atrocities of world war II Who justified their actions by claiming they were simply following orders. Doing their job.

What do you want me to tell you? You want me to agree with you so you feel better when the guy goes out and kills someone?
Why do you think the panel chose to reinstate this driver? You keep trying to pin it all on the BA, but it wasn't his decision.

tieguy

Banned
I thought badgering was a violation of TOS mr. moderator?

perhaps you can show up at the scene when the guy kills someone and tell the grieving family how you guys "just did your jobs"

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I thought badgering was a violation of TOS mr. moderator?

perhaps you can show up at the scene when the guy kills someone and tell the grieving family how you guys "just did your jobs"
It wasn't "us guys" who reinstated this driver, it was a panel comprised of both company and union members. If the case for termination was as clear cut as you say it was, why do you think the panel made that decision?

tieguy

Banned
I'm happy that you're able to justify it all in your mind.

Looks like your defense will be that its not your fault when the guy kills someone?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'm happy that you're able to justify it all in your mind.

Looks like your defense will be that its not your fault when the guy kills someone?
How would it be my fault, I wasn't on the panel that made the decision to reinstate him. You keep making these accusations of "unethical" behavior but you won't give any details or reasons as to why you think the panel made an unethical decision. Obviously they felt differently about this case than you do, why do you think that is? Why would they reinstate someone who you claim is practically guaranteed to kill an innocent family? In addition you keep trying to make it sound like the BA made the decision to reinstate him, which is simply not true.

tieguy

Banned
I cant help you. you guys climbed into that sewer hole. Its up to you to climb out. Justify it as you will so you can sleep at night.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I cant help you.
It's not a question of you helping anyone, I'm just wondering why you seem unable or unwilling to support your accusation that there was some unethical behavior in this case, and why you seem intent on blaming the BA for a decision that was made by the panel.

tieguy

Banned
I previously commented on how the whole process lacks integrity.

Your union has a part in this slimy affair.

You wish to somehow absolve the union of their responsibility by blaming the panel.

You then keep asking me to my opinion on why the case got settled as a time served suspension. My opinion on that decision has nothing to do with whether your union was ethical in their actions
or whether they met their responsibility to the general public when they fought to put this guy back behind the steering wheel of an 18 wheeler where he can now go out and kill someone.

Your questions are meant to distract me from that point , to lead me down a different path.

I refuse to go down that path to justify your conscience. When that guy goes out and kills someone or some family you guys have your part to justify and reconcile.

I just hope you and your BA have the balls to show up at the scene and look the grieving family in the eye and explain to them why you think your cause was a rightous one.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I previously commented on how the whole process lacks integrity.

Your union has a part in this slimy affair.

You wish to somehow absolve the union of their responsibility by blaming the panel.

You then keep asking me to my opinion on why the case got settled as a time served suspension. My opinion on that decision has nothing to do with whether your union was ethical in their actions
or whether they met their responsibility to the general public when they fought to put this guy back behind the steering wheel of an 18 wheeler where he can now go out and kill someone.

Your questions are meant to distract me from that point , to lead me down a different path.

I refuse to go down that path to justify your conscience. When that guy goes out and kills someone or some family you guys have your part to justify and reconcile.

I just hope you and your BA have the balls to show up at the scene and look the grieving family in the eye and explain to them why you think your cause was a rightous one.
You've said the whole process lacks integrity, but you won't give any actual concrete details and you keep trying to pin all the blame on the union. If the case you're referring to is the very recent one that was decided right before peak, well, that never went to panel. The company (your company) elected to give the man his job back. Who was responsible for that decision?

tieguy

Banned
you have yet to show one iota of concern for the general public at large. Instead you keep trying to moonwalk away from any responsibility in this affair.

Your responses actually show the integrity lacking in this affair. Instead you keep trying to blame someone else for your unions part in this.

Let me make it easy for you.

I'm scared to death of the idea that I may pick up the phone one day and find out your guy killed someone.

The faces of the victims will then haunt me the rest of my life. There will be no justifying it.

How you deal with it is up to you

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
you have yet to show one iota of concern for the general public at large. Instead you keep trying to moonwalk away from any responsibility in this affair.

Your responses actually show the integrity lacking in this affair. Instead you keep trying to blame someone else for your unions part in this.

Let me make it easy for you.

I'm scared to death of the idea that I may pick up the phone one day and find out your guy killed someone.

The faces of the victims will then haunt me the rest of my life. There will be no justifying it.

How you deal with it is up to you
I played no part in this case, so I'm not sure why I have to moonwalk away from any responsibility. Quite frankly I (as well as everyone I talked to) thought that the company would take him to panel and that would be the end of it. Your labor manager made the decision to put him back behind the wheel. Not the BA, not the union, and certainly not me. Why are you trying to pin the blame for this on everyone except the person who made the decision?

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Your labor manager made the decision to put him back behind the wheel. Not the BA, not the union, and certainly not me. Why are you trying to pin the blame for this on everyone except the person who made the decision?

No. The center manager will ultimateLy be held responsible. If the guy wrecks again center manager will almost certainley be fired. He can hire an attorney to represent him an sue for wrongful discharge. It's probably a 50/50 shot or worse.

Maybe this isn't the best place to talk about drunk delivery drivers.

tieguy

Banned
No. The center manager will ultimateLy be held responsible. If the guy wrecks again center manager will almost certainley be fired. He can hire an attorney to represent him an sue for wrongful discharge. It's probably a 50/50 shot or worse.

Maybe this isn't the best place to talk about drunk delivery drivers.

hi jones happy new year.