Resume: Sorter

PigSkin

I'm (re)doing my resume and I was wondering what kind of wording to use to describe the duties and responsibilities of a sorter at UPS.

What do you guys and gals have on your resumes (if applicable)? :grouphugg:

Thanks! Looking forward to reading your responses!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Go to upsjobs.com. There should be a job description for the sorter job there.

UPS is my career and thus I have no resume (nor hope to ever need one) on hand.

PigSkin

Go to upsjobs.com. There should be a job description for the sorter job there.

Didn't find anything under "Sorter" but under "Package Handlers"

This is a physical, fast-paced position that involves continual lifting, lowering and sliding packages that typically weigh 25 - 35 lbs. and may weigh up to 70 lbs......

I am looking for something more individualized. Human readables, amount of packages sorted per hour, etc....

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
With the experience and knowledge of sorting you learned here, you'll never put the milk on top of the eggs at your new job.

I have no need of a resume, this will be the last place I work for anyone else.

PigSkin

So, no one here has a resume with their UPS accomplishments listed on it? Specifically a sorter? Maybe someone that does will come by and hopefully spot this thread and contribute to it.

HomeDelivery

So, no one here has a resume with their UPS accomplishments listed on it? Specifically a sorter? Maybe someone that does will come by and hopefully spot this thread and contribute to it.

I did one summer in the early 2000s...

I just said " package handler/ sorter" <shrugs>

I didn't embellish it with fancy words

Just stating that you worked at UPS will be good enough for some recruiters

This is a physical, fast-paced position that involves continual lifting, lowering and sliding packages that typically weigh 25 - 35 lbs. and may weigh up to 70 lbs.(or more)

and if you see your own website, you can copy/paste some of the things as you see fit:

https://ups.managehr.com/packagehandlers.htm

be short, to the point... you can just talk about the specifics with the interviewer later.

I remember saying to an interviewer that I was getting paid to work out :P