Retaliation against 705 for strike vote.

This thread is for 705 barns to report in with any retaliation taken by the company since the strike vote on 7/20. Keep it factual,no "I heard" but actual experiences.

As of Monday the 21st.

Cach,Hodgkins Il. 15 driver were informed that they were placed "on call" at the end of their work day. 705 does not have on call drivers. Volume remains high,overtime for other drivers is high including extra work sign up sheets. 22.3 drivers were started early and double shifted.

705red

Browncafe Steward
This thread is for 705 barns to report in with any retaliation taken by the company since the strike vote on 7/20. Keep it factual,no "I heard" but actual experiences.

As of Monday the 21st.

Cach,Hodgkins Il. 15 driver were informed that they were placed "on call" at the end of their work day. 705 does not have on call drivers. Volume remains high,overtime for other drivers is high including extra work sign up sheets. 22.3 drivers were started early and double shifted.
I heard that today. Attempting to implement contract language that is being negotiated sounds like a ulp?

I wouldnt answer my phone and enjoy the week off with pay? Because they have a winning grievance. I know its the wrong thing to do and you should earn your money, but its also the wrong thing to do from ups's side and these drivers would have been working.

55andout?

What is it with the posts of volume is up? Across the Metro Chicago district volume is down from last year. Not only is volume down but stops are down as well. No offense, I am just trying to keep it factual.

brownman15

What is it with the posts of volume is up? Across the Metro Chicago district volume is down from last year. Not only is volume down but stops are down as well. No offense, I am just trying to keep it factual.

i still doing the same or more stops as last last year except on mondays which has always been the lightest day of the week. was on vacation the last 2 weeks swing driver told me he was doing 200 -240 stops a day which is an 10.5 to 12 hr day.

Mike Hawk

I think he is talking about high volume at CACH, and the volume there depends on how many trailers UPS sends there, not the economy.

BrownSuit

I somewhat wondered this myself as it is the case across the country. The volume going through CACH is somewhat reliant on the amount of cross-country volume.

Overall in the Q2 Earnings release today, UPS announced that Domestic Volume was down 100,000 packages a day from same time last year. With the overall operating margins lower as well. I'm just taking a stab at the fact that a lot of this is more regional and not passing through CACH.

Yes, you may be working the same as last year, but how many routes are there in comparison? More or Less? And by how many?

The only reason that CACH might be busier is the increased reliance on TOFC for cross country travel due to increased Fuel Costs.

I know that in the area I've seen volume and revenue mirroring the Press Release today.

55andout?

I somewhat wondered this myself as it is the case across the country. The volume going through CACH is somewhat reliant on the amount of cross-country volume.

Overall in the Q2 Earnings release today, UPS announced that Domestic Volume was down 100,000 packages a day from same time last year. With the overall operating margins lower as well. I'm just taking a stab at the fact that a lot of this is more regional and not passing through CACH.

Yes, you may be working the same as last year, but how many routes are there in comparison? More or Less? And by how many?

The only reason that CACH might be busier is the increased reliance on TOFC for cross country travel due to increased Fuel Costs.

I know that in the area I've seen volume and revenue mirroring the Press Release today.
Exactly. Your route may have as many stops as a year ago but you need to look at the overall route levels of your center. In addition to that you also need to look at the daily volume and stops of each center. My center and every one in my division has fewer stops and packages then at the same time last year. Another way of looking at it is the amount of work we get from CACH each morning, this is also down compared to where it was last year. When volume is down that brings the route levels down as well which causes the routes that are left in to still have a higher stop count.

brownman15

Exactly. Your route may have as many stops as a year ago but you need to look at the overall route levels of your center. In addition to that you also need to look at the daily volume and stops of each center. My center and every one in my division has fewer stops and packages then at the same time last year. Another way of looking at it is the amount of work we get from CACH each morning, this is also down compared to where it was last year. When volume is down that brings the route levels down as well which causes the routes that are left in to still have a higher stop count.

yes we have less routes but not from volume loss but 2 save money on gas everybody was working 9 to 9.5 hours last year now with less routes we are working 10.5 to 12 hrs. we are running same volume with less routes to save gas they say.

55andout?

yes we have less routes but not from volume loss but 2 save money on gas everybody was working 9 to 9.5 hours last year now with less routes we are working 10.5 to 12 hrs. we are running same volume with less routes to save gas they say.
I am not doubting what you are saying, but from what I have seen in my division and my district (Metro Chicago) volume and stops are down. Pick up volume is also down from this time last year.

In my neck of the UPS woods we reflect what the earnings report stated.

Keep the faith all.....and buy American!

brownman15

If every car drove 1 mile less everyday, they will save 10 million a year.

at what cost. working drivers 11 to 12 hrs a day. over time your body is gonna break down and u are gonna get hurt losing the savings u gained from gas. when are we supposed 2 get our most important stop. it should not be after the kids are already in bed.

at what cost. working drivers 11 to 12 hrs a day. over time your body is gonna break down and u are gonna get hurt losing the savings u gained from gas. when are we supposed 2 get our most important stop. it should be after the kids are already in bed.

I can usually cut 4 to 30 miles off routes from what the regular drivers do.

tieguy

Banned
I heard that today. Attempting to implement contract language that is being negotiated sounds like a ulp?

I wouldnt answer my phone and enjoy the week off with pay? Because they have a winning grievance. I know its the wrong thing to do and you should earn your money, but its also the wrong thing to do from ups's side and these drivers would have been working.

the company is not allowed to lay off the bottom senior drivers? When did that rule start?

By the way Cach has what 700 feeder drivers? 15 is a drop in the bucket.

did I read right you have combo's doing feeder work? How did the company get that language past your union?

My local would take a strike before they would let combo's do feeder work.