Retaliation against 705 for strike vote.

the company is not allowed to lay off the bottom senior drivers? When did that rule start?

There is NOTHING ,volume drop,etc,that called for the layoff of 15 drivers. The contract states that a driver must be given 2 weeks written notice of a layoff. These guys were told at the end of the first day of work of the week,that is a violation.

By the way Cach has what 700 feeder drivers? 15 is a drop in the bucket.

Actually there are 380 local 705 drivers.

did I read right you have combo's doing feeder work? How did the company get that language past your union?

We allowed full time jobs to be CREATED for 22.3`s, The company made up a group of 22.3 that are load/shift. Shifting is feeder work in the 705. the company TOOK work rather than CREATED. Yes it was grieved and it was locked. The only thing we can hold them to is that they can not increase the number of these 22.3 shifters. Also the new contract addresses this by grandfathering their positions with no further increase in numbers and if the number decreases it can not be increased back to the original number. All future 22.3 work must come from part time positions as originally intended.

My local would take a strike before they would let combo's do feeder work.

You mean YOUR local would spread some propaganda lies and strike against a company that only has their beat interests a heart?....gasp.

Your sentence above cancels out all the crap you`ve posted in all the other 705 contract posts concerning a union being willing to strike for whats right for their local.

P

Potato Chip

This is bull:censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: that FEEDER drivers are being "laid off". Feeder has the most seniority and should be able to displace these 22.3 "full-time" workers IF there is in fact light volume. 22.3 workers were ALL shifting in the yard on Monday for a minimum of 8 hours, some got up to 12. They aren't supposed to get overtime and they definitely shouldn't be getting those hours if a feeder driver is told to go home. This is typical UPS management bullhockey and total retaliation for the Strike vote on the 22nd. It is such a blatant move it's almost laughable. They posted a list on the Friday before the vote with the bottom 15 guys on it, and gave them a start time but didn't list job coverage. The first guy started at 200am when no management were in yet so he was able to work and after that they had to let all the others work when they reported for duty on Monday but they were told to stay home the rest of the week. If we had voted NO to a strike they would probably be working right now. Management was at the Hall on Sunday monitoring the number of employees reporting for the vote. I have had NO reduction in my hours and the last two nights we kept getting messages that it was "very busy" and we needed to hurry up to do more moves?!? THIS IS ALL BULLhockey

tieguy

Banned
Your sentence above cancels out all the crap you`ve posted in all the other 705 contract posts concerning a union being willing to strike for whats right for their local.

Does not cancel anything. I comment on the tactics of unions and union locals. Nothing I've said opposes that point.

You guys just hate it when I point your tactics. You don't want your members listening to the real truth on how your unions operate.

You want to try to keep me focused on everything but.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Not a problem I'll meet Red for a beer if I get sent, maybe you can join us and wear those boots?
Ok if you didnt meet me for a beer when i was iin your town, i really dont believe that you will meet me in my town. Alot of dark alleys and not the best of circumstances.

tieguy

Banned
Ok if you didnt meet me for a beer when i was iin your town, i really dont believe that you will meet me in my town. Alot of dark alleys and not the best of circumstances.

You weren't in my town. would have had to drive about an hour after having those beers if I could have worked around that goofy schedule you gave me.

You seen one dark alley you've seen em all. Baseball bats or weapon of choice?:happy-very:

705red

Browncafe Steward
You weren't in my town. would have had to drive about an hour after having those beers if I could have worked around that goofy schedule you gave me.

You seen one dark alley you've seen em all. Baseball bats or weapon of choice?:happy-very:
Look me up after its all over and you can buy me one or a dozen, i might be a little light on cash.

Layoffs is a tricky subject. According to local 710's contract feeder drivers can be put on call, and if there is an opportunity to work within their local they can leave their center and cover in another. I feel your pain though. When I started as a full time driver I was double shifting while part time employees were working the pre-load, and then driving air packages. I contacted my BA in Chicago and he said extra air work was part time work because I had an 8 hour guarentee by double shifting. If you ever figure it out totally let me know. One article seems to cancel another????? Good luck, hope you figure it out.