Retaliation for postings on BrownCafe

B

BROWN4LIFE15

I have received several Private Messages from a VP of the company asking me to stop by his office to chat about my postings. He has no clue who I really am, but nonetheless has sent me several PMs which I've chosen to ignore. YOU KNOW THEY ARE READING THIS STUFF !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

browniehound

Has anyone ever been talked to about their postings on BrownCafe?

Does anyones management team know your BrownCafe name?

Anyone ever heard anything being mentioned in the PCM about BrownCafe?

What do you think????

Over9.5,

I have never been talked to my by management team. Also I have never heard this site mentioned by any past or current management person, nor by any teamster employee either. I myself, have never brought it up to anyone at my center either.

I also have never heard a PCM about "Brown Cafe".

You asked "WHAT DO I THINK?"

Since you asked, I'm sure UPS has hired someone or many to monitor this website. Are they looking at our IP addresses and trying to find out who we are? I don't know. I'll tell you this though, I wouldn't put it past UPS or be suprised if there are many IT geeks hired by the company to learn everybody's true identity at Brown Cafe.

Now, as I just re-read my post it sounds absurd that UPS would do this, and the more I think about it is. Why would UPS waste money and resources on such a trivial matter? Seriously?

Problem is, we are talking about UPS here. So, to answer you question Over9.5 after my ramble, yes I think UPS would and does do that!

Cementups

Box Monkey
I think I am actually the only one in my building who post on here. I do know that there are some lurkers who read and know who I am. Hello to you :wave: My boss knows I am on here since I bring up things occassionally that I may have read on here. Mostly inquisitive on my part. I'm sure if most anybody else from either of our centers ever signed up on here they would know who I was immediately by name even though it is not the actual nickname given to me more than 10 years ago.

i don't think i really say anything on here to incriminate myself that I haven't already voiced aloud to others in my work area.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
A union employee only has the right to file on concerns from the last 5 working days but UPS can go back as far as they want. .
Not true, an employee has 30 days to file on an economic issue. UPS must issue warning letters within 10 business days of becoming aware of an offense by an employee, or the letter is deemed to be "untimely" and cannot be used as part of progressive discipline.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Seriously, there was a discussion of a sup a while back from this area. If you EVER want total retaliation for ANYTHING, I suggest that you "invite" this guy to your building. Your life will be total chaos and everything that you EVER did in your career while be hashed. .
A united work group...particularly in an area with a strong and proactive union...can take a supervisor like this and reduce him to a whining, quivering pile of jelly in about 3 weeks.
Managers like that at UPS are thankfully in the minority. But they are still out there, and the #1 rule to remember when dealing with them is this; when they turn up the heat, you turn it up even HOTTER. Never back down. Never show fear. If you cover your ass properly, you can make your manager a LOT more miserable than he can make you. Never forget the reality that, at the end of the day, you actually have way more job security than he does. He does what he does because he is a fearful bully, nothing more.