Retire before expiration of next contract!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
If it isn't becoming increasingly aware to you ,that our Union is slowly giving in to things like U.P.S. defined health benefits, working holidays, weekends, longer part-time progression, 150 lbs. Pkgs, extension of single day vacation drivers, mgmt harrasment, implementation of technology that's sole purpose is to increase stops per hour and giving Central States right to take our yearly raises at will, just to name a few. Taking all of these things in consideration, can u imagine what's next, I.e., no raises continued reduced pay and benefits? Let's face it working for U.P.S. is no longer a good thing, due to continued give backs and concessions. I say everyone should get out while you can before our rights, benefits and wages are reduced to a point where working for U.P.S. is no different than working for D.H.L., Fed Ex, or even Joes pkg company!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Here's some light reading for you at breaktime, but make sure you get to the end :wink-very:

chickenlittle1.jpg

Irishman Collins

I thought wages and pension was increased this contract. Waiting to see how well Teamcare is going to be and don't care for the new 4 year progression and the increase in PT starting pay to the new min. wage.
Wages and Pension were increased to cover additional health care cost and to cover the increased cost of retirement health care

Sent using BrownCafe App

Irishman Collins

My wages, benefits and pension all INCREASED this contract. Might just stick around to see what the next one has for me.
They were increased to offset additional health care cost and increased retirement health care cost and lets keep in mind they can take your general wage increases anytime Central States deems it necessary. In the end your increases may be equal to what you have now, or less, depending on if you or your family are unfortunate enough to have to go to the Dr/dentist... Etc..

Sent using BrownCafe App

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
They were increased to offset additional health care cost and increased retirement health care cost and lets keep in mind they can take your general wage increases anytime Central States deems it necessary. In the end your increases may be equal to what you have now, or less, depending on if you or your family are unfortunate enough to have to go to the Dr/dentist... Etc..

Sent using BrownCafe App
I have had Teamster administered healthcare for 32 years. My costs did not go up in this contract.
My costs for retirement healthcare before this contract were around $450 a month. Now that the contract has passed, it is around $450 a month. I see no increase there either!
My Health, Welfare and Pension Funds are all in great shape and administered well. Do not forsee a need for anyone to take any wage increases to shore up an already solvent fund.
I am NOT in Central States. My local has their own Health Welfare and Pension Funds.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
:bored2:
I have had Teamster administered healthcare for 32 years. My costs did not go up in this contract.
My costs for retirement healthcare before this contract were around $450 a month. Now that the contract has passed, it is around $450 a month. I see no increase there either!
My Health, Welfare and Pension Funds are all in great shape and administered well. Do not forsee a need for anyone to take any wage increases to shore up an already solvent fund.
I am NOT in Central States. My local has their own Health Welfare and Pension Funds.
Quit looking at things realistically. It ruins all the fun.