Retire before expiration of next contract!

They were increased to offset additional health care cost and increased retirement health care cost and lets keep in mind they can take your general wage increases anytime Central States deems it necessary. In the end your increases may be equal to what you have now, or less, depending on if you or your family are unfortunate enough to have to go to the Dr/dentist... Etc..

Sent using BrownCafe App
When none of that stuff happens what are you going to say?

Irishman Collins

I have had Teamster administered healthcare for 32 years. My costs did not go up in this contract.
My costs for retirement healthcare before this contract were around $450 a month. Now that the contract has passed, it is around $450 a month. I see no increase there either!
My Health, Welfare and Pension Funds are all in great shape and administered well. Do not forsee a need for anyone to take any wage increases to shore up an already solvent fund.
I am NOT in Central States. My local has their own Health Welfare and Pension Funds.
Consider yourself lucky you are not in Central States. I am glad your Teamster benefits are doing well. At least someones is

Sent using BrownCafe App

Foamer Pyle

$32.99/hr, company paid benefits, 7 weeks vacation a year and a good pension at the end of your working career and you want everyone to quit.
I was thinking the same thing. In my 25 years, I have only continued to earn more and more money. I love my benefits, paid vacations, and pension. I would hit the road ASAP.

Sent using BrownCafe App