Retired after 36 years all full time.

rod

Retired 22 years
I guess I'm lucky. I escaped UPS unharmed--other than maybe a damaged liver. Other than it getting harder and harder every year to throw that leg over the seat on the Harley I am good to go. I credit a lot of my staying healthy (knock on wood) to going to the YMCA 3 times a week for a workout on their Cybex machines and doing my fair share of walking. I went through 3 months of back problems once years ago at UPS and don't ever want to go that route again.

mannbrown

he shoots he scores!!!!!!
I cant say I escaped unharmed but I left with less collateral damage then others I've seen over the years knee replacements, back surgeries and rotator cuff injury's seem to be the most common. The Doc said I should do well with the scope and giving up UPS will allow my knees to last for many years to come.

I cant say I escaped unharmed but I left with less collateral damage then others I've seen over the years knee replacements, back surgeries and rotator cuff injury's seem to be the most common. The Doc said I should do well with the scope and giving up UPS will allow my knees to last for many years to come.
That's fantastic. Can't even imagine what you are feeling.

Package Car Drivers ARE
finely tuned athletic machines!
Yes we are.
http://www.hollywood-diecast.com/sanford merc pickup.jpg

sanford%20merc%20pickup.jpg

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Right on. Moral of the story: you young guys get into feeders as soon as possible. Package car is not a sustainable job for most people. I did over 20 years in PC, and it was a big mistake. I've always been in good shape and never had any significant injuries, but a few years on now, my body is beginning to hurt. All of those years takes a toll, whether you realize it or not. The smartest drivers are the feeder drivers that get back there ASAP, and stay in shape.

Have fun, driver!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Try a rollator.
You can more easily take pressure off knees by pushing down on handles and when you stop to talk to someone or wait in line, sit down and take the load off your knees.
Mine was more from 40+ years of competitive tennis than UPS but I imagine the hurt is the same.
Damn I feel good after hearing all that
I did 33 years all in pkg the last 10 on a high mileage low stop route 65 stops was a big day I've been out for a year and a half and honestly have never felt better mentally and physically. Wife still has a couple years to go so I do most of the cooking
Life is Good!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Try a rollator.
You can more easily take pressure off knees by pushing down on handles and when you stop to talk to someone or wait in line, sit down and take the load off your knees.
Mine was more from 40+ years of competitive tennis than UPS but I imagine the hurt is the same.
We want to see the picture of you in the tight tennis shorts and socks pulled up to your knees...you probably had a few gold chains and a afro.....

rod

Retired 22 years
Haha. My knees are shot, my back hurts probably 90% of the time and I had rotator cuff surgery in 2013, sounds like like I'm a classic case.

Please don't take this wrong but how does a feeder driver get bad knees? The back from bouncing around I can see but the knees puzzle me.