Retired after 36 years all full time.

oldngray

nowhere special
Don't like the flush markers; have requested to be buried where traditional headstones are used. (Old school, I guess.)

I am not a fan of flush markers either but that is what they require at the cemetery where I already bought my plot.

rod

Retired 22 years
Don't like the flush markers; have requested to be buried where traditional headstones are used. (Old school, I guess.)

I like traditional headstones too. More money for me to mow around. The ones that bug me are the people who insist on buying one of every plastic flower, Mom & Dad plaques, angels, wind chimes, solar lights and everything else Walmart sales this time of year. I throw bags of that stuff away every year. I have come to realize that 95% of the graves are NEVER visited and of the 5% that are it is usually only once --on Memorial Day. The rest of the year the cemeteries are forgotten places. Once your kids are gone no one will take care of your site except the cemetery caretaker. The chances of grandkids taking an interest in your plot are slim and none.

Z

ZQXC

The ones that bug me are the people who insist on buying one of every plastic flower, Mom & Dad plaques, angels, wind chimes, solar lights and everything else Walmart sales this time of year.

I absolutely hate to see all that crap around a grave.......

rod

Retired 22 years
I absolutely hate to see all that crap around a grave.......

What's really funny is when I'm allowed by cemetery rules to actually throw that junk away I always bag it up and save it for a couple of months more at the township garage because every once in awhile some irate person will call the town hall and want to know who stole their plastic flowers. They are welcome to take them all.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
What's really funny is when I'm allowed by cemetery rules to actually throw that junk away I always bag it up and save it for a couple of months more at the township garage because every once in awhile some irate person will call the town hall and want to know who stole their plastic flowers. They are welcome to take them all.
town hall?? township garage??? Do you live in Mayberry Andy Griffith?