Retired to Not Retired ????

island1fox

Stevethe ups guy,
God Bless America.
One of the major problems in corporate America today is that the "major or not major" shareholders do not hold the the company officials accountable. I will agree they can make whatever decisions they want to ----I hope you are not saying that as OWNERS of the company we have no right to speak up !!!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Stevethe ups guy,
God Bless America.
One of the major problems in corporate America today is that the "major or not major" shareholders do not hold the the company officials accountable. I will agree they can make whatever decisions they want to ----I hope you are not saying that as OWNERS of the company we have no right to speak up !!!

I said......Slavery is over? Do I really need to explain this?:sad-little:

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
P.S.
Danny,
A few of my relatives were involved in our unfortunate Civil War .
To be totally polical correct --you should know that the war was originally fought over the south ceding from the union. When we were well-into the war --the slavery discussion was put to a close when the Republican President issued the Emancipation Proclamation.
A great proclamation for our country --nothing for either you or me to joke about. Just setting the record straight.:happy2:

Great Post!! How many know this or believe it? Too bad it's not common knowlege, it would change alot of crap.

mcbrent

Danny,
You all win --I WILL JOIN la-la LAND after my final comment on this thread.
Ups has been an International -Global company for some time now -- even LA-LA land people can agee with that statement. How many -non- Americans do we have on the Management Committee ? One ? Two ?
How about NONE!!!!
Why you might ask ? Because this is the type of UPS Corporate Culture thinking that has caused us billions of dollars over the years.Only the people that hang around the corporate cafeteria in Atlanta are capable of doing anything around the world--- this is where the true "contacts " lie.
Now --Many of these people are capable and are very good --(not to get off point --K.T. IS VERY GOOD) My point is that -----just focus on Asia --You keep pointing out --who enjoys or prefers to do business with whom!!
I am sure you are not telling me that an Asian businessman --who was purchased by UPS --that has been in the Global Freight Business -that has grown up with the business contacts --is less capable that a retired American ex-pat !! I too am very familiar with International ----and in the real world -Europeans --while putting up with Americas --prefer to do business with their own --and most definitely an Asian UPS Management -WOULD HAVE MANY MORE DOORS OPEN TO HIM WITH ASIAN BUSINESS.
If we did not let people grow and develop in their jobs in the US --Jim Kelly would still be in Feeders AND OZ would still be a Sales Rep.
"LET OUR PEOPLE(INTERNATIONAL) GROW.
K.T.--GOOD GUY --but "STILL UGLY aMERICAN
But --I promised ----all of you are right ----He is with no doubt(not even reasonable doubt) the only capable and qualified person for this job !!!!:happy-very:

Well the south succede from the union when lincoln was elected because he said he wanted to outlaw slavery, if we re going to set the record straight.
Slavery was only one of many issues that fell under "State's Rights", and State's Rights was only one of the reason's for the Civil War. Otherwise know as "The war of Northern Aggression".