Retired UPS Management willing to answer all questions that you are are afraid to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldMan

I just recently retired from Management at UPS. My way of giving back will be to answer any questions you may have about Management or UPS in General. If I don't have the answer I have many retired friends I can consult. I will check for questions at night and post answers the following day if possible.

OldMan

There is no quota for warning letters. Warning letters are not meant for discipline. They are given to evoke a corrective action. If I reviewed something with an employee and he refused to correct the action that I asked him to then I had to advance to a warning letter in hopes that would get the attention of that employee. Of course, the type of corrected action that is applied depends on the infraction. I can honestly say that almost no one want to go through the paperwork to give an employee a warning letter. We all had enough to do.

OldMan

Is there really a quota on the number of warning letters to be given each month?

Is the dispatch based on the route or the driver?
Dispatch for me was based on a combination of things. I knew which drivers wanted more & which drivers wanted less. As long as they did the job I did not have a problem with this. The reason I dispatched this way because there going to be time when you are short handed. In those instances when I had to load everyone up they all could accept it & understood. However, there are different management teams at different locations. The good management teams knew how prepare for vacations and peak. The poor managements don't care about their employee's or are incapable of proper planning.

upschuck

We thank you for your openness. I try to see both sides, but when only one side is known, hard to make a fair judgement.

upschuck

Assuming you made to/past center manager level, how much are your hands tied as to spc, and number of routes, and did that burn your butt if it were tightly? And what is the logic behind that?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
How come my stop count range on my route goes up every year?

Same route used to run 102-110 a day and now (6 years later) 124-132.

Use to do it in under 9 hours a day, now 9.4 to 11 hours.

I know I could grieve excessive overtime, but it's not a huge deal anymore wirh my kids grown up.

Just want to know who is raising my stop count every year and why?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
In your experience, has the culture of open discussion about changing something that clearly hasn't worked in practical applications been met with hostile reactions? Point in case, ORION reports that we focus on don't give an accurate representation of the program, instead to meet the metric of the week( first stop, all NDA in trace, miles, trace in general). Has the upper management been so fearful of admitting when mistakes are made that they are out to protect their jobs (self preservation) even at the cost of the company or lower members of management?

Status
Not open for further replies.