Retired

David Sherman

Good to see a Met fan on line, to you guys with the insults, I have more time in the picket line then to do in the chow line, but you people don't know any thing about that do you, Thats how you got what you have by the aweat of someone else, 804 is the only decent local in the teamsters.

New Englander

Good to see a Met fan on line, to you guys with the insults, I have more time in the picket line then to do in the chow line, but you people don't know any thing about that do you, Thats how you got what you have by the aweat of someone else, 804 is the only decent local in the teamsters.

The problem is that you honestly fail to read what people are saying. You come off as extremely ignorant. Especially complaining about some thing that has been so non-existent that most of us here don't even know what your talking about.

brown67

I remember the Christmas bonus and let me make my point again. The UNION didn't want the bonus (Christmas or signing), because they wanted the money put into our hourly wages so they could get more dues money. GET IT. :surprised: I love being a teamster, but sometimes the pinhead mentality really gets to me.

To rest my case, when is the last time the union even proposed a bonus? Answer: mid 90's. It hasn't even been brought up since then. Can't vote for it if the union doesn't even bring it to the table.

terrymac

the day I retire, Im going to Home Depot, get all the parts I need and go home and make myself a great big bong. then I think , Ill be able to relate to the time warp that ive been exposed to...... gurgle gurgle, gurgle...... cough, cough.......... dude............now I see what your talking about .?

myback

your not far enough i can still smell your festering, rotten,:censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:-hole, breath. are u still here, go be gone with you, and have a nice day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Mr. Sherman, I am slowly beginning to grasp the severity of your plight and, as such, apologize for my earlier post. I would like to help you and urge my fellow BCers to do so as well. If you will provide us with your mailing address I will forward a $25 gift certificate to the UPS Racing Store to you at my earliest convenience and, again, I apologize for my earlier post as I had not yet grasped the severity of your plight.

I would glady give the gentleman a 1000k bonus if he would give me the the nice pension that the Teamsters provide for him assuming he retired and didn't get fired.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would glady give the gentleman a 1000k bonus if he would give me the the nice pension that the Teamsters provide for him assuming he retired and didn't get fired.

The Teamsters may "provide" a "nice pension" but you damn well better believe that each and every one on this forum earns every penny of it and then some. The last time I checked, employment at FedEx was not indentured servitude nor do they put a ball and chain on your ankle so anytime you want to try out for the "big leagues" put in your application but be ready to work like you never worked before.

The Teamsters may "provide" a "nice pension" but you damn well better believe that each and every one on this forum earns every penny of it and then some. The last time I checked, employment at FedEx was not indentured servitude nor do they put a ball and chain on your ankle so anytime you want to try out for the "big leagues" put in your application but be ready to work like you never worked before.
I am under no illusions of the differences in work between our two companies. I have no desire to come to the brown team. I have a huge amount of respect for you guys and what you do. Sounded to me like the original poster was dissing all of you guys and every teamster local but his. I do enjoy this site very much and I see more similarities between our jobs than I used to, but I wouldn't say that our drivers are in you guys' league.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are right, the original poster was putting it to us for some unknown reason. I just couldn't believe that his very first post on this forum was so negative.

J

JonFrum

. . . The UNION didn't want the bonus (Christmas or signing), because they wanted the money put into our hourly wages so they could get more dues money. . .

Brown67,

Whenever Contract renewal time rolls around, some people always want a bonus, while others of us say that we would all be better off if the money was instead a raise permanently added to our base wage. This always leads to someone saying that the Teamsters want the money added to the base wage so they can get more dues out of us. At that point the discussion ends and everyone votes by secret ballot.

I'd just like everyone to know that while it's true that a raise in base wages triggers a raise in dues, the Teamsters, in fact, can raise your dues anytime they want, as much as they want. Not all that long ago, dues were only twice your hourly rate. Then the Teamsters raised it to two-and-a-half times your hourly rate. Then, still not satisfied, they raised it to three times your hourly rate. This is all in addition to the automatic dues increases that take place anytime you get a raise. These increases in the IBT Constitution's dues formula are minimums, meaning any Local is free to raise dues even further, and to levy additional fees as well, if they can get away with it. They can also use a different formula that causes some lower wage people to pay an even higher percentage rate than the rest of the barganing unit. This is all perfectly legal, because, like concessionary contracts, (some) people actually vote for them, and impose them on the rest of us. My point is the Teamsters have the power to raise your dues as much as they want, whenever they want, one way or the other, just so long as it doesn't trigger an all out membership revolt. Which it never seems to do.

J

JonFrum

To clarify: The IBT Constitution requires a minimum dues rate of two-and-one-half times your hourly wage rate in the private sector. If you're paying three times, like I am, or even more, that would be the result of your Local, not the International. (I pay $84 per month.)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I also pay 3 times hourly per month ($85) and write the $1,000 off of my taxes each year. I personally feel that 3 times hourly is too much--2 or even 2 1/2 would be more fair.

rod

Retired 22 years
If you have any friends working in the trades (carpenter, plumber, electrician) ask them what their monthly dues are. I think you will find the Teamsters are one of the cheaper unions to belong to.