RETIRED!

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Well technically on vacay for several hard earned weeks, but free at last none the least. What a great feeling to be through with all the B.S.
Started as a car washer, then air driver, then FT ground. Started sheeting on paper in an unlocked car center that was all driver sort and load (18 to 20 rts daily) with only 2 mgmt folks. Never had to eff around with Orion except for rah rah speech from visiting
mgmt royalty.
Now we've shrunk to 14 to 16 rts and headed to 12 to 13 rts with Orion's promised higher stop counts and increased fatigue and wear and tear on the drivers. So that's a change thru my years here, of mgmt to driver ratio from 1 mgmt to 10 drivers, to 1 mgmt to 2 drivers! Soon they'll have assigned each person their own handler! What a plan!
I've seen a lot of changes, almost all have raised stop counts and made servicing customers actually harder. It's saved UPS millions, they say, and I'm sure it's true on many counts. The truth as we all know it to be though, is that the hourly workforce will again be asked, coerced, intimidated, forced and harassed into making The Machine perform better on paper than it ever does in The Real World.
I will miss my customers and all of my co-workers, hourly and immediate mgmt both, all really good people trying their best to make it through the gauntlet we all must run daily. I will NOT miss the Division Mgrs, the Region Presidents, the CEO, CFO and the lot of people who have chosen to disconnect themselves from Jim Casey's vision and dedication to his people. What a circus this has become.

By The Book

Well technically on vacay for several hard earned weeks, but free at last none the least. What a great feeling to be through with all the B.S.
Started as a car washer, then air driver, then FT ground. Started sheeting on paper in an unlocked car center that was all driver sort and load (18 to 20 rts daily) with only 2 mgmt folks. Never had to eff around with Orion except for rah rah speech from visiting
mgmt royalty.
Now we've shrunk to 14 to 16 rts and headed to 12 to 13 rts with Orion's promised higher stop counts and increased fatigue and wear and tear on the drivers. So that's a change thru my years here, of mgmt to driver ratio from 1 mgmt to 10 drivers, to 1 mgmt to 2 drivers! Soon they'll have assigned each person their own handler! What a plan!
I've seen a lot of changes, almost all have raised stop counts and made servicing customers actually harder. It's saved UPS millions, they say, and I'm sure it's true on many counts. The truth as we all know it to be though, is that the hourly workforce will again be asked, coerced, intimidated, forced and harassed into making The Machine perform better on paper than it ever does in The Real World.
I will miss my customers and all of my co-workers, hourly and immediate mgmt both, all really good people trying their best to make it through the gauntlet we all must run daily. I will NOT miss the Division Mgrs, the Region Presidents, the CEO, CFO and the lot of people who have chosen to disconnect themselves from Jim Casey's vision and dedication to his people. What a circus this has become.
Yeah!, I just moved up 1 on the seniority list! Really man, congrats! Enjoy your well earned freedom!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
mgmt royalty.
Congrats MC4YOU2!
Enjoy this new stage of your life.
Stay active and have fun.

PS - When people tell me I am free at last. I reply, "No, I'm still married!".

The Division Mgrs, the Region Presidents, the CEO, CFO asked me to implore you not to go away mad.

MC4YOU2

Congrats MC4YOU2!
Enjoy this new stage of your life.
Stay active and have fun.

PS - When people tell me I am free at last. I reply, "No, I'm still married!".

The Division Mgrs, the Region Presidents, the CEO, CFO asked me to implore you not to go away mad.

I'm never mad Photog, not really. I win, there's nothing to be mad about.

mgmt royalty.
How many years?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
MC, If you don't mind, about how old are you and what are you going to do now?

I say this because I have seen more than a few retire and then go downhill fast. Retirement sounds great until you have nothing to do.

MC4YOU2

Wally, I'm 54 at the moment. I've never been bored in my life, although I'm easily distracted. I'm in great health except for the overuse stuff we all get from this job.
My plans are mostly stuff that allows me to catch up on a life that was slipping by working so late always. Home fix it stuff, gardening, some travel.
For work, if you can call it that, I love to write. So I'm planning on doing a fair amount of that. Any physical work will be one of two things; cardio and anaerobic workouts, and hard stuff that I choose to do like redoing the kitchen or whatever. At my own pace!