Retirees in the Buff

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
the only color TVs were with the folks who could afford them.......tire builders (although union workers) had to watch the pennies. We even had a plastic sheet to put over your screen to give the appearance of color.
I remember our first tv was 13" and one of our TV trays doubled as a tv stand.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We very seldom eat at the dining room table. We usually eat at the kitchen island or at the computer or on a tv tray in the tv room.
In our other house we had a formal dining room....I think in the dozen years we lived there, we only ate in the dining room a couple of times.....invoved a holiday and guests. In our present house we opted for no formal dining room but I have counter space seating for 8 and also a table that seats 8......shoot, I don't think there are 16 people I'd want to eat with....living anyway.

moreluck

golden ticket member
449c452b7e0c3b9d8ee2d0d80d888dbb.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Roy Rogers Riders Club Rules

• Be neat and clean.
  • Be courteous and polite.
  • Always obey your parents.
  • Protect the weak and help them.
  • Be brave, but never take chances.
  • Study hard and learn all you can.
  • Be kind to animals and care for them.
  • Eat all your food and never waste any.
  • Love God and go to Sunday School regularly.
  • Always respect our flag and our country.

rod

Retired 22 years
Roy Rogers Riders Club Rules

• Be neat and clean.
  • Be courteous and polite.
  • Always obey your parents.
  • Protect the weak and help them.
  • Be brave, but never take chances.
  • Study hard and learn all you can.
  • Be kind to animals and care for them.
  • Eat all your food and never waste any.
  • Love God and go to Sunday School regularly.
  • Always respect our flag and our country.

I belonged to the Hop-a-long Cassidy savings club from 1954 to 1956. I still have my official bank deposit book with Hoppy's picture on it. At last count I had $2.75 in it before my parents cashed it out when they closed the account because we were moving. I wonder what it would have amounted to had it just been left there for another 60 years?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I belonged to the Hop-a-long Cassidy savings club from 1954 to 1956. I still have my official bank deposit book with Hoppy's picture on it. At last count I had $2.75 in it before my parents cashed it out when they closed the account because we were moving. I wonder what it would have amounted to had it just been left there for another 60 years?
I had the Hop-a-long cowboy shirt.....it had his horse's picture too (Hopper?) The shirt was black....and had fringe on the cuffs. very cool!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just had a nice 10 minute chat with one of our more recent retirees. Looks like he turned back the clock 5 years. He is loving retirement. He did say that it took him about a year to adjust and that it is essential that you have something to do each and every day or you will go absolutely bat :censored2: crazy. He is working in the pro shop at a local golf course and is the youth sports director for his hometown. He had the latter job during the last 5-10 years of his UPS career----we often joked that UPS was his part time job.

Turns out his oldest daughter is teaching in the same school district that my son in law attended K-12.

Small world.

moreluck

golden ticket member
colrline.gif

I AM A SEENAGER (Senior teenager)

I have everything that I wanted as a teenager, only 50 years later.
• I don’t have to go to school or work.
• I get an allowance every month.
• I have my own pad.
• I don’t have a curfew.
• I have a driver’s license and my own car.
• And I don’t have acne.
Life is Good!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Question: Why are retirees so slow to clean out the basement, attic or garage?
Answer: They know that as soon as they do, one of their adult kids will want to store stuff there.

Question: What do retirees call a long lunch? Answer: Normal

moreluck

golden ticket member
Question: Among retirees, what is considered formal attire?
Answer: Tied shoes.

Question: Why do retirees count pennies?
Answer: They are the only ones who have the time.

Question: What is the common term for someone who enjoys work and refuses to retire?
Answer: NUTS.

moreluck

golden ticket member
OLD" IS WHEN..... Going bra-less pulls all the wrinkles out of your face.

You don't care where your spouse goes, just as long as you don't have to go along.

You are cautioned to slow down by the doctor instead of by the police.

"Getting a little action" means I don't need to take any fiber today.

"Getting lucky" means you find your car in the parking lot.

An "all-nighter" means not getting up to pee.