Retirees using Express Scripts

Xexys

Retired and Happy
If you are signed up for automatic delivery, make sure you go to THREE (3) places on the website to take your or any names in your family that you wish to not receive auto delivery. We all know that some of the prescriptions that we now have to pay 20% for can get very expensive. Any and all scripts that you have on auto delivery WILL be charged to your Debit/Charge card on record and WILL NOT be able to be intercepted nor accepted back at Express Scripts if you refuse them. We were told they would be destroyed which makes sense. So, if they get sent out, you will be responsible for accepting delivery of shipment, whether you want them or not you will have to pay for them.

Wife just got off the phone with a supervisor and told her that they can't do anything for us and that we will be responsible for payment. If the dang payment weren't in "pending" transactions of our bank, we could take steps to stop payment. Now we will have to wait until Monday more than likely to fix this mess.

Thinking about it, we'll not get any break on the 3-month prescription deal like before, I just told the wife we should just take ourselves off the Express Script site altogether. Only benefit would be that you won't have to leave the home and you'd get three months instead of a month at a time at your local pharmacy. This is a headache and I hope nobody else has been hit with this.

oldngray

nowhere special
If you are signed up for automatic delivery, make sure you go to THREE (3) places on the website to take your or any names in your family that you wish to not receive auto delivery. We all know that some of the prescriptions that we now have to pay 20% for can get very expensive. Any and all scripts that you have on auto delivery WILL be charged to your Debit/Charge card on record and WILL NOT be able to be intercepted nor accepted back at Express Scripts if you refuse them. We were told they would be destroyed which makes sense. So, if they get sent out, you will be responsible for accepting delivery of shipment, whether you want them or not you will have to pay for them.

Wife just got off the phone with a supervisor and told her that they can't do anything for us and that we will be responsible for payment. If the dang payment weren't in "pending" transactions of our bank, we could take steps to stop payment. Now we will have to wait until Monday more than likely to fix this mess.

Thinking about it, we'll not get any break on the 3-month prescription deal like before, I just told the wife we should just take ourselves off the Express Script site altogether. Only benefit would be that you won't have to leave the home and you'd get three months instead of a month at a time at your local pharmacy. This is a headache and I hope nobody else has been hit with this.

Since there is no discount with Express scripts now there is little point in getting your prescriptions that way unless there is no covered pharmacy nearby.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Since there is no discount with Express scripts now there is little point in getting your prescriptions that way unless there is no covered pharmacy nearby.

Exactly! The only reason would be that you'd have auto-refill. Just be careful that something that you've enjoyed for $0.00 for years will now cost you 20%. My wife and I have some meds for our heads that are very expensive and even the 20% is way out of our league now. We had stocked up as much as we could before this new healthcare went into effect and now we are looking at other options for a couple of our "go to" meds that we enjoyed for so many years.

What is funny (not really) is it's still Aetna and what was covered before on our old plan is deemed "experimental" on this plan. That I expected and had told the wife and it is just a fact of life I guess. I remember I went through this before when I changed my plan 4 years before I retired. Still glad I did that as I enjoyed doctor visits paid at 90% instead of the usual 80%.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Call your Visa company and get the charges reversed. Explain you refused the package.

Yeah, I thought I explained it in my first post. It's in "pending" mode and can't be disputed until it's posted. As soon as it's posted though, I will get on the horn.

Also, the package was just picked up today in Indiana and won't be delivered until Thursday of next week. We told the supervisor they have the ability to intercept the package and they told us they only have the ability to do that on a NDA. Now I've been off the road since 2003 but I think the shipper can do an intercept on any service that UPS offers, correct?

oldngray

nowhere special
Yeah, I thought I explained it in my first post. It's in "pending" mode and can't be disputed until it's posted. As soon as it's posted though, I will get on the horn.

That "pending" is a real pain. I had fraudulent charges (ID theft) I found out about that were still pending and I had to wait for them to clear then dispute the charges even though the bank knew about it.

oldupsman

Exactly! The only reason would be that you'd have auto-refill. Just be careful that something that you've enjoyed for $0.00 for years will now cost you 20%. My wife and I have some meds for our heads that are very expensive and even the 20% is way out of our league now. We had stocked up as much as we could before this new healthcare went into effect and now we are looking at other options for a couple of our "go to" meds that we enjoyed for so many years.

What is funny (not really) is it's still Aetna and what was covered before on our old plan is deemed "experimental" on this plan. That I expected and had told the wife and it is just a fact of life I guess. I remember I went through this before when I changed my plan 4 years before I retired. Still glad I did that as I enjoyed doctor visits paid at 90% instead of the usual 80%.

When I got my new Express Scripts info I totally ignored it to wait and see what would happen. We've had auto refill for
years at our local CVS. The wife just picked up her prescription this week. They said everything just got transferred
from the one plan to the new plan, no questions asked. It did go from $5 to $11. I want nothing to do with Express Scripts.

Pismo Bill

Pismo Bill

the medications are cheaper on express scripts than they are at retail. to check it out go on the express scripts website and click on "price your medications". this will show how much your medications will be for a 90 day supply at express scripts and how much they will be for 30 day supply at a retail pharmacy.

oldngray

nowhere special
the medications are cheaper on express scripts than they are at retail. to check it out go on the express scripts website and click on "price your medications". this will show how much your medications will be for a 90 day supply at express scripts and how much they will be for 30 day supply at a retail pharmacy.

Same price using express scripts as going directly to a local pharmacy. Express used to be cheaper but that vanished with new insurance. I don't know what prices they used on their website to compare but that mythical "retail" price is one you should be very cautious about believing.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Once I hit my early 40's and had 15 years in the company I put the blinders on and it was dark. I could barely see the light at the end of the tunnel. It gets better believe me. We in our local, always voted for the retirement and healthcare dollars and looked out for the guys getting out as we knew it would one day be us. Oh how times have changed in this me, me, me world we live in. We set you guys up with the dishes and the silverware, you just forgot to fill our plates.

Medakee2001

I retired from being a package driver for 33 yrs 1week. I went out of UPS in the NORCAL Teamsters Local 912. My Health Ins. was only $50.00 per Month for myself and my wife. When I became Medicare Eligible, it stayed the same. Now with the Affordable Care Act, and the new contract, it Is way up. We went from the $50.00 per Month, on June 1, 2014 of $100.00 per month as a secondary, that by the way is almost nill in payment on claims, to $200.00 per month in January of 2015, $300.00 per month in January 2016 and $400.00 per month in January 2017. Our Deductible was $50.00 per family, it is now $200.00 each with an out of pocket of $1000.00 per calendar year. For Express Scripts, we paid $5.00 for name brand and -0- for Generic, now, my wife takes a thyroid medication, thank God we don't take any others, she is going to have to pay for the total amount of this Medication since she has been on this for years. The Generic is almost the same,amount, so we are in essence screwed. I realize there are others worse off, that are being hit and hurt by UPS'S decision to screw employees and retirees. I am sorry for that, but, when you are on a fixed income of Pension and our EARNED Social Security Benefits it is not something I thought UPS would do. I guess I learned my lesson this year. I seriously doubt I will EVER ship UPS again. Anyone having a similar problem with RX'S and or MEDICAL issues you weren't facing before in NOCAL???

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I retired from being a package driver for 33 yrs 1week. I went out of UPS in the NORCAL Teamsters Local 912. My Health Ins. was only $50.00 per Month for myself and my wife. When I became Medicare Eligible, it stayed the same. Now with the Affordable Care Act, and the new contract, it Is way up. We went from the $50.00 per Month, on June 1, 2014 of $100.00 per month as a secondary, that by the way is almost nill in payment on claims, to $200.00 per month in January of 2015, $300.00 per month in January 2016 and $400.00 per month in January 2017. Our Deductible was $50.00 per family, it is now $200.00 each with an out of pocket of $1000.00 per calendar year. For Express Scripts, we paid $5.00 for name brand and -0- for Generic, now, my wife takes a thyroid medication, thank God we don't take any others, she is going to have to pay for the total amount of this Medication since she has been on this for years. The Generic is almost the same,amount, so we are in essence screwed. I realize there are others worse off, that are being hit and hurt by UPS'S decision to screw employees and retirees. I am sorry for that, but, when you are on a fixed income of Pension and our EARNED Social Security Benefits it is not something I thought UPS would do. I guess I learned my lesson this year. I seriously doubt I will EVER ship UPS again. Anyone having a similar problem with RX'S and or MEDICAL issues you weren't facing before in NOCAL???
Are you presently a UPS shipper?

The Milkman

I retired 1/08..at 65 I get the boot..no secondary for me. Just Medicare..Just got my 1st Rx by mail..$120 for 2..applied to $200 deductible that I did not have since I retired..once met 20% for everything......Told by Ups $50 a month continues for me (single) Then $100 in 15, then $150 in 16 and so on with this nice new Contract..Local 177 in Jersey