Retirement benefits

dlfref

Why is there no talk about the 400.00 per month cost to the retired and drivers who planned on retiring and also now we won't be able to receive benefits at age 50, under new agreement 52 unless your 50th birthday is before Jan. 1

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Plenty of talk but in our Local that only affects 8 people in the next 5 years. Not sure how you sell the higher cost to provide an earlier benefit for just 8 people, and that's assuming they retire at 49 on schedule (most don't).

upsrogue

I am not sure where how you came up with the fact that it only affects 8 people. I can think of more than that in Northern Arizona that are planning on retiring in the next 2 years let alone in the next 5.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Why is there no talk about the 400.00 per month cost to the retired and drivers who planned on retiring and also now we won't be able to receive benefits at age 50, under new agreement 52 unless your 50th birthday is before Jan. 1

​Retiring at 52. The horror.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
I am not sure where how you came up with the fact that it only affects 8 people. I can think of more than that in Northern Arizona that are planning on retiring in the next 2 years let alone in the next 5.

Retiring or retiring at age 49-51? Andy said only 8 people have that option at 104 in the next 5 years at our meeting in May.
It may all be moot anyway, stay tuned...

dlfref

i will have 33 years in at age 52, had 2 1/2 part time, starting my 27th year in October, I was looking forward to getting out and doing something different. So yeah I am complaining, finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and now with this contract add 2 more years and at least 400 bucks per month for benefits,not a good deal at all!!

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
recent text:

UPDATE!!!!! ANDY MET IN D.C. TODAY AND WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED FOR THE HEALTHCARE CARVE OUT PLAN! WE WILL BE ABLE TO RESTORE THE BENEFITS FOR OUR RETIREES UNDER THE NEW PLAN AND DAMN NEAR MATCH OUR CURRENT UPS PLAN!!!! MORE DETAILS WILL BE FORTHCOMING! CONGRATULATIONS!!!