Retirement info?

Texiana

Hi, I'm new to the site but had a question.

I was a driver for 5 years and in management for 14. I've been gone now for 5 years and enjoying a "normal" life. Last time I looked at my retirememt benifits book they used to hand out to us every year, I was at about $2000 a month at age 65, or around age 65, I can't remember. Haven't seen the pamphlet in years. Does that sound correct? I've been totally out of touch with UPS and haven't recieved any info (might be because i moved out of state) in years, although I get correspondence from central States on occation. Who should I contact to find out and also just to let them know where I'm at. I've got another 20 years or so before I'm elgible to draw, but just wanted to find out what the facts were.

Thanks

brownrodster

lol. expect a big fat nothing. You weren't a driver long enough to become vested... And your management pension probably went down the drain when you left...

Of course I'm just squirting this info out of my butt.

drewed

Shankman
i think as managment you become vested after 3 yrs.... but all the same i wouldnt expect all that much since you didnt have that long of contributions

i think as managment you become vested after 3 yrs.... but all the same i wouldnt expect all that much since you didnt have that long of contributions

I was told you got vested at 5 years...I've been trying 14 years now to get a straight answer on what pension I've earned with 5 years pt sup service.

drewed

Shankman
maybe it is 5 years...i cant remember we had a discussion last yr that the contributions for 401k and the company retirement were changing and the time limit was discussed but since i have about 33 more years before retirement its no good thinking about it now