Retirement notification to UPS

Discussion in 'UPS Retirement Topics' started by Cardboard carrier, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Getting my ducks in a row with the local. Just wondering how much notice to give UPS before my last day... What is the best way to go?
  2. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

To go out with a bang
  3. downtime8763

downtime8763 Member

After I filed my paperwork with the union management knew and congratulated me before it was even finalized.
  4. navigator

navigator Member

Just now got letter from CS. 34 years UPS, 75years old. Pension cut $1400 a month starting 1 July 2016.
    nothing in life is guarantied
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

They'll know before you know.
    2 weeks and let them know you aren't looking for any 10 hours dispatches.
  6. Areyoukiddinme

Areyoukiddinme best 2 weeks ever

i let center manager know about a month before i started the pension paper work then filed the paper work and took my 8 weeks of vacation, it still took over a month for ups to talk to the pension office. so start early and you may need to be a little forceful with HR to get things moving on their side.
  7. oldupsman

oldupsman Well-Known Member

I started the process 6 months before I retired and my center manager knew it. At that time we still
    had good UPS health care so I made sure she made sure everything was in order. Now with
    Teamcare, who knows.
  8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Teamcare has nothing to do with the retirement process.
  9. oldupsman

Well when drivers retire now, don't they have Teamcare?
  10. UpstateNYUPSer

Depends on where they worked.
  11. oldupsman

Well then I guess they better find out before they retire.
  12. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

If I wanted to keep the same insurance, dental, vision, prescription, it cost me $200/month from my pension, $200/month more for my wife. I went on medicare Oct 1, and since once you go on medicare, you can't receive our insurance, I got a $200/month raise. Still paying for wife, however.
  13. UpstateNYUPSer

We have two drivers going through the process right now so I am getting a crash course on Retirement 101. In our local we keep our current benefits package----$150/month for the retiree and an additional $150/month for the spouse. Co-pays are double.
  14. dupa

dupa On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.

ahh, just work a couple more years..................
  15. tracker2762

tracker2762 Active Member

When I retired I called Teamcare to let them know I was ending my employment. Was told UPS would let them know of change in employment status. Then I received my Central States H/w fund coupon book in the mail. I didn't call anyone from Central States H/W fund. Right now it's 200.00 for my wife and I then 300.00 or both of us in 2016. In the transition period I was told there was still coverage although I didn't need to use it.
  16. twoweeled

twoweeled Active Member

Really and sincerely, sorry to hear that. I thought is wasn't quite a done deal yet. I thought it was being petitioned still. Although, I think it will be passed.
    Were you cut from approx $3000? I'm thinking this opens the door for anything, and everything.
  17. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Well yeah. If a pension fund is broke I would say everything is on the table.
  18. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

that sucks.
  19. DorkHead

DorkHead Active Member

Plus prescriptions are more and there is a deductible you have to meet and you are responsible for 20% of the balance of any visit and/or procedure.
  20. twoweeled

twoweeled Active Member

yeaaah. just a couple of more years of the worse hell at UPS, which will be getting exponentially worse every month.
    Should fly by!!:D