Retirement notification to UPS

navigator

Just now got letter from CS. 34 years UPS, 75years old. Pension cut $1400 a month starting 1 July 2016.
nothing in life is guarantied

Areyoukiddinme

best 2 weeks ever
i let center manager know about a month before i started the pension paper work then filed the paper work and took my 8 weeks of vacation, it still took over a month for ups to talk to the pension office. so start early and you may need to be a little forceful with HR to get things moving on their side.

oldupsman

I started the process 6 months before I retired and my center manager knew it. At that time we still
had good UPS health care so I made sure she made sure everything was in order. Now with
Teamcare, who knows.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
If I wanted to keep the same insurance, dental, vision, prescription, it cost me $200/month from my pension, $200/month more for my wife. I went on medicare Oct 1, and since once you go on medicare, you can't receive our insurance, I got a $200/month raise. Still paying for wife, however.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well then I guess they better find out before they retire.

We have two drivers going through the process right now so I am getting a crash course on Retirement 101. In our local we keep our current benefits package----$150/month for the retiree and an additional $150/month for the spouse. Co-pays are double.

tracker2762

Teamcare has nothing to do with the retirement process.

When I retired I called Teamcare to let them know I was ending my employment. Was told UPS would let them know of change in employment status. Then I received my Central States H/w fund coupon book in the mail. I didn't call anyone from Central States H/W fund. Right now it's 200.00 for my wife and I then 300.00 or both of us in 2016. In the transition period I was told there was still coverage although I didn't need to use it.

twoweeled

Just now got letter from CS. 34 years UPS, 75years old. Pension cut $1400 a month starting 1 July 2016.
nothing in life is guarantied
Really and sincerely, sorry to hear that. I thought is wasn't quite a done deal yet. I thought it was being petitioned still. Although, I think it will be passed.
Were you cut from approx $3000? I'm thinking this opens the door for anything, and everything.

DorkHead

We have two drivers going through the process right now so I am getting a crash course on Retirement 101. In our local we keep our current benefits package----$150/month for the retiree and an additional $150/month for the spouse. Co-pays are double.

Plus prescriptions are more and there is a deductible you have to meet and you are responsible for 20% of the balance of any visit and/or procedure.