Retirement Readiness Assessment

beentheredonethat

It was just a generic evaluation. It asked if we had a pension (yes\no\unsure). I think a lot of it is to get us to know the pension isn't the end all and be all and we need SS and personal savings too.

bones

So when the next "enhancement" happens it will be due to the results of the survey, it will be what we asked for.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
So when the next "enhancement" happens it will be due to the results of the survey, it will be what we asked for.

The assessment asked for comments and recorded the comments, responses, name and employee ID. Wouldn't make much sense to track respondents and ask for comments if the information isn't being used for something. Try taking the random assessment again....wont let ya cause your results have already been recorded.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Looks like we are about to be made another "offer we cannot refuse" deal....

Unfortunately, I can't refuse or accept anymore.

One of the reasons I hung around was in case they did offer a buyout.

In 2010, they excluded my workgroup or I would have taken the buyout that year (I turned 55 the previous October).
I figured it out that I needed to work 16 months to make up the difference financially for not being offered the buyout.
I then stayed on another year thinking they might offer a buyout in early 2013.
Actually the three most enjoyable work years in my career.

Its all good. Over $65,000 extra in my 401k, $900 more in my pension every month and probably another $90k I have not withdrawn from my outside investments (although I have not withdrawn any so far in 4 months).
I have made around $6000 in photography in 4 months ... not enough to live off of but it helps and I enjoy the photography.

ActionJaxson

I did my own retirement assessment long ago. House is paid for, no debt, never sold my UPS stocks, 401k was supplied by a 10% deposit by me and 3% by UPS, life is good gentlemen ...the best thing you can do is be ready regardless of what goes on around you. Plan and get financial help to keep you on track, you will thank yourself in the end!

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
I did my own retirement assessment long ago. House is paid for, no debt, never sold my UPS stocks, 401k was supplied by a 10% deposit by me and 3% by UPS, life is good gentlemen ...the best thing you can do is be ready regardless of what goes on around you. Plan and get financial help to keep you on track, you will thank yourself in the end!

The end is all there is for all of us. Your inheritors will thank you for you frugality and spend it like they found it on the ground, which they kinda did. Me I'm going to make sure I don't have a dime in the bank years before I get fitted for diapers and feed mashed peas. Just saying.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My final arrangements have already been made and paid for (bake and shake). My kids both know that Daddy plans on spending every single dime before I leave this world.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Everything is the same for me except the UPS Stock.
I sold all of it and pretty much invested in stocks that pay a better dividend and in Muni bonds in states with a required balanced budget.
​Worked well so far.

hangin455

Everything is the same for me except the UPS Stock.
I sold all of it and pretty much invested in stocks that pay a better dividend and in Muni bonds in states with a required balanced budget.
​Worked well so far.
SO that's​ what the big dip in the stock price was.....;)