retro check wrong rate

upschuck

Working for UPS just under 12 yrs left in April 2014 . Therefore I should get retro pay from august 1st to my last day. No check and no one seems to give me a straight answer. I earned that time just like everyone else
You never worked under the contract that had the raises you are wanting. Therefore, I would be highly surprised if they will pay, so no retro for you.

Quigley

You never worked under the contract that had the raises you are wanting. Therefore, I would be highly surprised if they will pay, so no retro for you.
Since the contract is retroactive to Aug 1, you are therefore entitled to a retro check.

upschuck

Hi Quigley. I missed you.
Since the contract is retroactive to Aug 1, you are therefore entitled to a retro check.
Are all the seasonals getting retro too? I think not, you must work under contract to be given the raises. Don't know for a fact, though. If you haven't gotten it by now, I doubt you will get it in the future.

UPSER_JFK

I'm so confused with this retro check and this progression topic, I was hired June17, 2013 and made book sept 22, 2013. I received a Retro check of $4.76, now my shop Stewart, my Center manager, supervisor don't seem to know what they are doing or talking about. My union delegate got back to me 1 week later and still after waiting till the 6/5 date to fix wrong checks im still waiting in limbo land. I have not gotten any raise on my check, after may 1st i still have no sick, opd, or other HRS on my check. The center manager sent an email and was told i have to wait till I make a year on June 22nd. I think that is crap but they cant explain as to why i have not gotten a correct retro check. They also explained to my center manager because of my hire day I missed progression and im not entitle to a check, yeah but i get a $4.76 one, what the friend%#K? Do i get a check or not?

saintrick

Working for UPS just under 12 yrs left in April 2014 . Therefore I should get retro pay from august 1st to my last day. No check and no one seems to give me a straight answer. I earned that time just like everyone else

HR in my building told me if you are not a current employee you get no check.

saintrick

I'm so confused with this retro check and this progression topic, I was hired June17, 2013 and made book sept 22, 2013. I received a Retro check of $4.76, now my shop Stewart, my Center manager, supervisor don't seem to know what they are doing or talking about. My union delegate got back to me 1 week later and still after waiting till the 6/5 date to fix wrong checks im still waiting in limbo land. I have not gotten any raise on my check, after may 1st i still have no sick, opd, or other HRS on my check. The center manager sent an email and was told i have to wait till I make a year on June 22nd. I think that is crap but they cant explain as to why i have not gotten a correct retro check. They also explained to my center manager because of my hire day I missed progression and im not entitle to a check, yeah but i get a $4.76 one, what the friend%#K? Do i get a check or not?

Check here.

Wage progression update.

You must attain seniority by 8/1/13 to get the .70 GWI.

Did you do any other work that would have resulted in the $4.76 check like Saturday air or work in the building.?

Quigley

Hi Quigley. I missed you.

Are all the seasonals getting retro too? I think not, you must work under contract to be given the raises. Don't know for a fact, though. If you haven't gotten it by now, I doubt you will get it in the future.
I dont think he was seasonal. And if the answer to him is you didnt work under the new contract since it didnt go into effect till April 25th, then the drivers who didnt go full time till after Aug 1 and before April 25th could claim they should be on the 3 year progression since they didnt work under the new contract either.

Quigley

Yes you are entitled to a retro check. talk to your BA.

upschuck

I dont think he was seasonal. And if the answer to him is you didnt work under the new contract since it didnt go into effect till April 25th, then the drivers who didnt go full time till after Aug 1 and before April 25th could claim they should be on the 3 year progression since they didnt work under the new contract either.
If they haven't worked under the new contract, then they don't have to worry about whichever progression, since they are not working here anymore.

Quigley

All I'm saying is the company cant have it both ways. If a driver was working till April 2014 then he gets the retro check. Whether he is still there or not. If he doesnt get it because the contract wasnt in effect till April 25th and he left before the25th, then the drivers who went full time between Aug1 and April 25th are on the 3 year progression. They cant have it both ways. Either the contract is retroactive to Aug 1 or not. If the contract went into effect on Aug 1 like it was supposed to then he would have got the .70 till his last day in April.

upschuck

Are you saying that the people that worked up to April of 2014 did not work under the new contract?
Yes, and the reason people get retro is because the contract says they do. Tell me where I am wrong. If you say no, then why didn't people file grievances mid Aug for not getting their raises. If they worked under the new, it says raise, pension, HC, and all other changes started Aug 1, and should have been paid shortly after that time. But since we didn't work under it until Apr 25, everything was paid shortly thereafter.