Retro checks

exactly WHAT are they holding out for? We are waiting for improved language on 9.5's and a reduction of reports needed for part Tine Cover Drivers to attain full time status to be implemented and these guys that are holding the Union hostage are hurting our people
Fulltime jobs that are owed to us. A way underfunded pension fund amongst other issues. and my stinking Turkey!

BrownDooDoo

More safe, more manageable work conditions? I assume that plays a part.

We have a beautiful contract with a lot of GREAT and AWESOME things in it that would make UPS a great job....

Now if we can just spread knowledge and get the union member to..... uh..... unify...?!?! Crazy I know

Nimnim

The Nim
Do you live in a RTW state? If yes, are you a member of our union? If no, why not?

I live in a RTW state. I have noticed in the last 15 years of my employment that many of my co-workers are union members but, they are not active in their local. They don't know what's going on and they care little to know. (It's only your future, right?)

Get to know your steward. Ask questions. Go to a meeting. Ask questions there. Get involved. Soon, you'll be the one answering questions from your co-workers. Spread knowledge. Knowledge is power, and you know that Atlanta doesn't want you to have any of that.

Be "that guy." Trust me, you'll feel good about it.

Sent using a Potato

I'd completely agree, but in my local in a RTW state the information is next to none, and showing up to a union meeting is just listening to drivers complain with almost no information going through. As a PTer I've got better things to do than listen to people who feel they're better than me, and I get more information here anyways.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Since this contract finally passed. ..don't know how it did because everybody I asked said they voted no but there are tons of other upsers other than my center. .

The majority of FT drivers and 22.3's might tell you they'll vote no, realize they're basically getting more of the same and will be making over $35/$30 hr (driver/combo), and then vote "yes."

Part timers with less than 4-5 years under their belt don't vote because they don't see themselves being at the company for the long haul. Only a fraction of the PT'ers with more seniority vote because they're not informed; go look at the makeup of a union meeting with UPS members. With a group of, say, 50 UPS members you'll probably see 25 feeder drivers, 15 package car drivers, a handful of FT 22.3's and maybe one or two PT'ers.

QKRSTKR

Where is my retro check? We passed the Ohio rider. They said if we pass it we would get our retro pay. What the hell! I didn't get mine this week.

brown_trousers

Just be patient and let these locals hash out their local issues.

As long as they are not trying to renegotiate what we all fairly voted for in the NMA, they have every right to address their local/regional issues.

Irishman Collins

Since this contract finally passed. ..don't know how it did because everybody I asked said they voted no but there are tons of other upsers other than my center. .

We aren't happy about but I guess we are looking forward to the retro check. ..how long do you think it will be until we get them? Anybody have a clue?

Sent using BrownCafe App
I hope that we never receive our retro checks. Western P.A., Metro Philly, and Louisville have to pass their riders before any retro checks are given. Lets hope those three areas can keep up the good fight!!

Sent using BrownCafe App