Retro checks

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Rod holder.jpg

gman042

Been around the block a few times
It is my understanding that only "extra" pay over and above what you would have worked in a year can be taxed at 40%. That is...pay that could be viewed as a bonus(option days, and vacation weeks not used). This retro check, as it is being called, is pay that we should have earned over the period and should be viewed as a regular pay check. Taxed at regular levels. By all means it is in no way a "bonus" check.

oldngray

nowhere special
The tax is based on the last dollar of income and since the retro check is in addition to regular paycheck it pushes you into a high tax bracket - what you would pay if you made that much every week. Since its more money than other weeks you will get back a lot when you file taxes.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
I'm kind of liking this deal of waiting. I'm retired so I don't have to pay the extra monies per month. Plus, I still have my 90% paid doctor's visits and my free prescriptions for a three month mail order. I've been getting all my doctor's visits out of the way and stocking up on pills. Hell, I might even have an accident and visit the hospital just for chits and grins.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
We fish mainly in Brigantine but also Absecon Island and a little bit of Island Beach State Park all in NJ

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
We use sand dollars for kingies in surf so it rolls over the bottom ,for stripers pyrimids or sputniks on fishfider rigs with mullet or clam.With the new New Jersey regulations the price of mullet will go up ......will need the raise and retro check by the fall run