Retro checks

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I would think with the new 4 year progression, that drivers under the old contract in a 3 year progression would just receive the .70 raise. You will not be under the 4 year driver pay scale. The higher rate for 4 year progression is simply because of the extra year away from top rate as compensation.

No employee anywhere is getting more than a .70/hour retro

UPSER110

I would think with the new 4 year progression, that drivers under the old contract in a 3 year progression would just receive the .70 raise. You will not be under the 4 year driver pay scale. The higher rate for 4 year progression is simply because of the extra year away from top rate as compensation.

I was told by the union, that I will be under the 4 year contract since I was hired friend/t at the end of September. I asked how is that since technically there is no "new" contract and I am working under an extension of the "old" contract. They told me everything is retroactive back to Aug 1 2013.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I was told by the union, that I will be under the 4 year contract since I was hired friend/t at the end of September. I asked how is that since technically there is no "new" contract and I am working under an extension of the "old" contract. They told me everything is retroactive back to Aug 1 2013.

Yes
You are under the 4 year progression
The national master contract was approved for Aug 1, 2013 but held in limbo by supplement voting.

UPSER110

Yes
You are under the 4 year progression
The national master contract was approved for Aug 1, 2013 but held in limbo by supplement voting.

Well this is why I should get more than a .70 raise......

I was a reg-temp (part time cover driver) on July 31 2013 making 21.13/hr (75% of the top rate in 2008).

Retroactive to Aug 1 2013 75% of the top rate (32.99) is 24.74.. (the new contract has the same language)

So a new reg temp would start at 24.74, I should get that bump in pay too. $3.61/hr difference in pay that is owed to me.

I went friend/t at the end of September.

Quigley

I worked ground, air, and reload all last year before and after Aug. 31st. Since I'm PT you all are saying I won't receive a retro?
Since everybodys wages would have gone up Aug 1st if the contract went into effect, then everybody is getting a retro check.

Quigley

I dont agree. In my opinion you cant have somebody starting today making more money then the guy who started 6 months ago.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I dont agree. In my opinion you cant have somebody starting today making more money then the guy who started 6 months ago.

Opinions are worth the annual fee charged at browncafe.com lol

Honestly, 2 drivers on different progression scales are going to be paid differently. That's the new math in the contract.
By August 1st 2016, it's not going to matter because all 3 year progressions will be at top rate by then

Sent using BrownCafe App

Quigley

So I called my BA to make sure I knew what I'm talking about. My comments were based on the assumption that the new starting rate is $18.75 Well thats wrong. The old starting rate was $16.10. After 30 days the rate goes to $17.25. The new contract starting wage is $17.25 not $18.75. You dont get the $18.75 till 1 year after your starting date. So if you were making $17.25 prior to Aug 1 theres no retro check.

Last edited:

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
The way I understand the contract is this: hired before August 1st, you are under the 3 year progression, august 1st and after that 4 year progression regardless of when the contract actually passed as the contract reverts to august 1st.

Under the 4 year progression your pay will adjust to the new pay scale with retro pay.

Under the 3 year progression the .70 cent raise and retro pay will apply as well as the next raise in August. When you receive your progression raise, it will only be the amount of the raise to put you in the next progression bucket.
My example is: currently at $18.45
raise of .70 will put me at $19.15
August 2014 .70 will put me at $19.85
My next progression raise feb 2015 will be .90 cents to put me at $20.75 which is the 2 year progression wage, if no raise was in effect the raise would have been $2.30

Scottyhawk

So I called my BA to make sure I knew what I'm talking about. My comments were based on the assumption that the new starting rate is $18.75 Well thats wrong. The old starting rate was $16.10. After 30 days the rate goes to $17.25. The new contract starting wage is $17.25 not $18.75. You dont get the $18.75 till 1 year after your starting date. So if you were making $17.25 prior to Aug 1 theres no retro check.

Not true if you started August 1st or after your starting wage is 18.75 and you receive retro pay dating back to your 1st day of driving after driver orientation training

Even though the contract just passed, it reverts to August 1st

Last edited:

Quigley

According to my BA the starting wage went from $16.10 to $17.25 with no 90 say seniority bump. I'm going to see if I can find the new contract and verify.

Quigley

Its allways better to do your own research. Turns out I was right the first time and my BA is wrong. Here is the wage progression right out of the new contract.
The progression for employees entering a package car driving,
feeder or other full-time job (other than an air driver or a job covered
by Section 3 below) position after August 1, 2013 shall
be as follows:
Start $18.75
Seniority $18.75
Twelve (12) months $19.50
Twenty-four (24) months $21.00
Thirty-six (36) months $25.00
Forty-eight (48) months Top Rate

Scottyhawk

The way I understand the contract is this: hired before August 1st, you are under the 3 year progression, august 1st and after that 4 year progression regardless of when the contract actually passed as the contract reverts to august 1st.

Under the 4 year progression your pay will adjust to the new pay scale with retro pay.

Under the 3 year progression the .70 cent raise and retro pay will apply as well as the next raise in August. When you receive your progression raise, it will only be the amount of the raise to put you in the next progression bucket.
My example is: currently at $18.45
raise of .70 will put me at $19.15
My next progression raise feb 2015 will be $1.60 cents to put me at $20.75 which is the 2 year progression wage, if no raise was in effect the raise would have been $2.30