Retro pay after termination or resignation

HBGPreloader

Talked to HR today, must be employed when contract is signed into effect get retro pay. That's a loss of $2500 since I was a cover driver and new driver this past January.. What a dishonest company UPS is and what a despicable union. No words could describe what I feel, so I will just move on.
That's a bummer, but not surprising.

I was talking to an old-timer today and he stated UPS has (censored) employees in the past, in a similar way. He said it was back before the strike of '97 when the national contract was approved but never ratified by all the locals and UPS refused to make good on those promised raises.
I don't know if it's true or not. Perhaps some of the more "experienced" member can chime in?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Talked to HR today, must be employed when contract is signed into effect get retro pay. That's a loss of $2500 since I was a cover driver and new driver this past January.. What a dishonest company UPS is and what a despicable union. No words could describe what I feel, so I will just move on.

There is always the chance that the HR person you talked to doesn't have a clue what will happen.

Lots of questions about the new contract.

upschuck

Even more reason to drag these negotiations out even further.

Rainman

Its all good.
I punch in and punch out everyday I work...which is also computerized. So, one would think my paychecks would accurately reflect my hours work...because ups has no choice but to pay employees for time worked. But isn't it amazing how every so often, my checks are missing time...15 min here, 20 min of ot there. The pay error is never in my favor....but I'm SURE it's just a silly coincidence.riiiight. I would NEVER accuse management of going in and editing preload time punches to make their numbers look better, in the hope than if they deduct 10 minutes pay from say 25 different employees, 20 probably won't notice.
There was a former manager in our building who was shaving 10 minutes off of every driver in his center every day. Until he got caught. Almost lost his job, except he had someone higher up bailing him out. He got transferred instead. Now whenever an edit is done, we have to sign off on it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Up_and_at_UPS

Coffee box sniffer
Could not get a straight word on the retro pay from manager, labor guy, or union rep. Since I was still in my probationary period as a driver I asked if I could drop the resignation and go back to part-time. No solid answer, except, that they might be able to work something out. Gotta call Monday and see. At this point I think I will stay PT if possible and keep the benefits and get the retro pay. Plus, after five years PT my pay isn't half bad and I am a full-progression air driver as well. Hope it works out that I can stay, I did not really think that was an option before. Working PT at UPS is far better than being unemployed. The last five have been rough, but I think my perspective is changing.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There is always the chance that the HR person you talked to doesn't have a clue what will happen.

Lots of questions about the new contract.
Hate to dig up old threads but if this is the HR person I believe it is. I promise you they have no clue.

Also if the OP is still around was curious how this turned out?