Retro Pay for Former UPS Employee

Yeanop

Hey all. I'm a former UPS employee who sadly resigned with the company in October 2013. I was curious if I'm entitled to my retro check as well? After all, between August 1st - October 15th I was technically on the new contract, correct? I know I don't work for UPS anymore but I should be owed that back pay because the contract "retroactively" went into effect on August 1st, 2013, and I was not paid my .70 more an hour. Any thoughtful responses would be appreciated. Or, feel free to make fun of me for being an ex employee.

JM_UPS2005

I don't think you will get anything because you're weren't suppose to get that .70 cent raise on August 1st. I believe you only get your seniority date raise whenever that was.

Sent using BrownCafe App

ncupser82

Hey all. I'm a former UPS employee who sadly resigned with the company in October 2013. I was curious if I'm entitled to my retro check as well? After all, between August 1st - October 15th I was technically on the new contract, correct? I know I don't work for UPS anymore but I should be owed that back pay because the contract "retroactively" went into effect on August 1st, 2013, and I was not paid my .70 more an hour. Any thoughtful responses would be appreciated. Or, feel free to make fun of me for being an ex employee.
Huh? Not sure it works that way...if they send you a check that's great, but I'd be surprised since you're no longer employed there. And sure you WERE entitled to the 70¢ raise, until you quit...now you're not entitled to anything because you severed your ties with the company...either way checks come May 27th, and I'd be interested to know so repost if you get a check in the mail!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Yeanop

Thanks for the responses, all. I worked for UPS for 3 years which was more than enough. I guess I'll check with the union and see what they say. After all, I gave them hundreds of dollars for years in dues so hopefully they'll actually do something in return for me.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Thanks for the responses, all. I worked for UPS for 3 years which was more than enough. I guess I'll check with the union and see what they say. After all, I gave them hundreds of dollars for years in dues so hopefully they'll actually do something in return for me.

Smart man, leaving while the leaving was good.

I hope you have gotten the job you wanted and work 9-5 everyday.

Good Luck.