Retro pay on or around May 27th

KBlakk

Overworked & Underpaid
Why are they holding our money interest free for another month?!?!

Try viewing it from the other side of the coin... A collective bargaining agreement was reached on a national level in mid 2013, the company sat and watched the IBT grumble amongst themselves until last week so that's roughly 9 months just to implement a "mutually" agreed upon contract. So waiting another month for your retro pay looks to be the company's way of saying "I got the last hit"

Sent using BrownCafe App

I could be the last guy in every night, I never ask for help. They can stick that help up their butt. Their going to pay for their stupidity and imn a kick em in the nuttz deep into the night if they send me out too heavy, and sit right there in the office and take my lunch when I get in like a peckerhead lmfao.
Take it at noon still stay out late all the while someone still comes and takes some stops.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

While we certainly won't have them this week I have a feeling we will have them long before the 27th. Payroll has been compiling the hours and it shouldn't take that long to produce the checks.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I would suspect the last 3 "pain in the butt" supplement areas will recieve their checks at 4:59PM on May 27th

The rest of us 2 weeks earlier

LOL

upschuck

I :censored2:ing hate the defending the company, but calculating/cutting checks for 230,000 employees local-by-local is no small feat. Taking 30 days to do so isn't unreasonable.
I disagree. Payroll knows exactly how much they owe each of us, and a push of the button, would start the relatively short time of entering it into my bank account. If they haven't done this, then they need not be in that position. I guarantee it is listed as a liability on their balance sheet.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I disagree. Payroll knows exactly how much they owe each of us, and a push of the button, would start the relatively short time of entering it into my bank account. If they haven't done this, then they need not be in that position. I guarantee it is listed as a liability on their balance sheet.

Probably, but we'll never know.

Regardless, 30 days to disburse $300 million in back wages/benefit payments is not an unreasonable amount of time no matter how you look at it.

creep1ngdea7h

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1398887448.049246.jpg

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
It says our new pay rates will be reflected this Friday or ASAP and we'll get our retro checks around May 27th. No mailers to your house, just house mail checks if you still get paper checks or DD transaction if you get paid that way. Nothing has changed much.