Retro pay on or around May 27th

flyersfan

Without specifics, I can only assume you were making something like $11.99/$12.99 in April, and got bumped to $12.50/$13.50 or something like not making less than the new contract. Why you didn't get the whole 70¢ was you probably got raise earlier, since Aug 1.
I got the .70,it's my son that didn't get it,I've been there almost 10yrs.

Quigley

Not knowing when your kid started and skilled or unskilled position. If he is under the old progression, he gets .70 Aug1. If that raise puts him under the new rate then he gets the new rate. If the .70 puts him over the new rate then he gets the higher wage. Hope this helps

Cincypackagehandler

Not knowing when your kid started and skilled or unskilled position. If he is under the old progression, he gets .70 Aug1. If that raise puts him under the new rate then he gets the new rate. If the .70 puts him over the new rate then he gets the higher wage. Hope this helps

I'm kind of in the same boat as his son. I was hired September 8th 2009. I have my skill pay. On September 8th of 2013 I received a 99 cent raise to put me at 12.99 an hour. Now after the new wages were installed I make 13.50 an hour. Why did I not receive the 70 cent raise to put me at 13.69?

Quigley

I'm kind of in the same boat as his son. I was hired September 8th 2009. I have my skill pay. On September 8th of 2013 I received a 99 cent raise to put me at 12.99 an hour. Now after the new wages were installed I make 13.50 an hour. Why did I not receive the 70 cent raise to put me at 13.69?
I dont understand the .99 raise or the $12.99 I dont see that rate anywhere in old or new contract. If in fact you were making $12.99 then you should be making $13.69. Have you center manager read Article 22 Section 5 of the new contract.

Last edited:

Blackstream

You did, technically. More specifically, on Sept 8th, the raise you got was a raise you wouldn't have gotten because we were still under the old contract at that point because the new one hadn't passed yet. So instead of going up to 12.70, you're now at 12.99. However, there's a further bump as people with 4 years seniority under the new contract make no less than $13.50 an hour, so you got a further bump to $13.50.

So in reality, you got a $1.50 raise. It's just you saw part of it on Sept 8th, and the rest of it just now. But you'll get a retro for the difference.

I am kind of curious how things would have played out should hypothetically there was no starting wage bump and the contract passed on august 1st. Would you have not gotten the base 87 cent raise, or would you have been stuck with the 70 cent raise?

Blackstream

I dont understand the .99 raise or the $12.99 I dont see that rate anywhere in old or new contract. If in fact you were making $12.99 then you should be making $13.69. Have you center manager read Article 22 Section 5 of the new contract.
There was a 12 cent COL raise on top of the 87 cent raise.

Quigley

Ok so if the contract went into effect on Aug 1 you would have got the .70 which would bring you up to $12.70 In Sept you would have gone to $12.99 which is the old top rate but since you cant make any less then the new rate you went up to $13.50

Cincypackagehandler

Thanks guys. So basically on my retro I'll get 70 cents for every hour until September 8th then I'll get 51 cents for every hour from 9/8 to 4/18. Thanks for the clarification.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Hey isn't the 27th on a Tuesday so that means we will get them on the 30th maybe
It's possible they'll be NDA letters, grievance checks are sent live this way sometimes, even if you have DD. You can check your UPSers.com paycheck info and see if you have a check in between Fridays. Just posting a possible situation since the only time I've seen mid week checks is when they send out live ones for grievances.

flyersfan

How long has your son been there?
He came there in Oct.2009,but didn't make his seniority till Jan.2010 as our shop steward told me last night.He'll get the .70 in Aug this yr he told me.As far as his retro pay,he thinks he'll be getting .50 for the hrs he worked either from Oct 2009 or from Jan.2010 till Apr.this yr.But ya know a lot of people that have been there for over 10yrs did not know that you have to be there for 4yrs to get a union raise,it was in the last 2 contracts stating that.Those who did know that,probably didn't think about voting in this past contract,why should they?They're only getting .50 a yr regardless of what the union raise is.I'm glad I started when I did.I got by benefits in 3 months for everyone in my family,not like the last 2 contracts that they had to wait for 1yr for themselves,then 18 months for their dependents,has that changed any in the current contract?

He came there in Oct.2009,but didn't make his seniority till Jan.2010 as our shop steward told me last night.He'll get the .70 in Aug this yr he told me.As far as his retro pay,he thinks he'll be getting .50 for the hrs he worked either from Oct 2009 or from Jan.2010 till Apr.this yr.But ya know a lot of people that have been there for over 10yrs did not know that you have to be there for 4yrs to get a union raise,it was in the last 2 contracts stating that.Those who did know that,probably didn't think about voting in this past contract,why should they?They're only getting .50 a yr regardless of what the union raise is.I'm glad I started when I did.I got by benefits in 3 months for everyone in my family,not like the last 2 contracts that they had to wait for 1yr for themselves,then 18 months for their dependents,has that changed any in the current contract?
No it hasn't

upschuck

I got by benefits in 3 months for everyone in my family,not like the last 2 contracts that they had to wait for 1yr for themselves,then 18 months for their dependents,has that changed any in the current contract?
The family kicks in at one year. Art 34 Section 2(d)

AAADRIAAAN

So from what I hear some of us might be getting these retro checks as soon as this Thursday (I won't hold my breath) but I'll let u guys know.

From iPhone

sag ups

PCM on upsers
  • Your new pay rate will be reflected in this week’s paycheck.
  • Your retroactive pay will be paid on or around May 27.
    • You will be paid the difference between your old rate and the new rate for all hours worked and paid time off taken since August 1, 2013.
    • The retro pay will be taxed at your current rate.
    • The retro pay will be in a separate check or direct deposit transaction.

bumped

We had a power point PCM this morning.

No raise checks for people not employed with UPS anymore unless a retiree. Hourly that went management will get a raise check. If you have child support taken out by percentage it will be deducted. If child support taken out by flat rate, no deduction. Raise check will not be considered a bonus as bonus checks are taxed higher.