Returned to work from ankle surgery now dealing w/ chronic pain

clutch41

I will preface this by saying that I'm a Reg Temp PT driver with 3+ years of driving.

I suffered an injury back in January where I fell off the back of the package car (while using 3 points of contact) and tore 2 tendons in my right ankle. I had significant surgery to repair my ankle and I finally returned to work around the 2nd week of July. I was told by my surgeon that my ankle would never quite be the same and with the work that I do it will take quite a toll on my ankle.

Every day since my return I deal with horrible pain and swelling in my ankle. I've been keeping my supervisors aware of what I'm dealing with and shocker they really don't care. Well today I was walking off a stop and it just hit me and my ankle just gave out on me. I had to be pulled off road and I'm seeing my surgeon again on Tuesday to see what my options are.

I guess I'm coming here to see what advice anyone has for me and what my best options may be for handling this situation.

Thanks

clutch41

If the MMI comes back as me not being able to perform the duties of my job what are the most common things that UPS does for an employee?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I will preface this by saying that I'm a Reg Temp PT driver with 3+ years of driving.

I suffered an injury back in January where I fell off the back of the package car (while using 3 points of contact) and tore 2 tendons in my right ankle. I had significant surgery to repair my ankle and I finally returned to work around the 2nd week of July. I was told by my surgeon that my ankle would never quite be the same and with the work that I do it will take quite a toll on my ankle.

Every day since my return I deal with horrible pain and swelling in my ankle. I've been keeping my supervisors aware of what I'm dealing with and shocker they really don't care. Well today I was walking off a stop and it just hit me and my ankle just gave out on me. I had to be pulled off road and I'm seeing my surgeon again on Tuesday to see what my options are.

I guess I'm coming here to see what advice anyone has for me and what my best options may be for handling this situation.

Thanks

Get a Lawyer

clutch41

I was on workers comp from the time of the injury up until I returned to work. I have spoken with an attorney and I'm scheduled to meet with them after my doctors appt on Tuesday.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
There is a chance you could be offered a buy-out or even retraining. I saw it happen a couple times.

However, with only three years in, good luck.

clutch41

Thanks its an unfortunate situation. It just has be concerned because at only 29 years old and having to deal with this sort of injury with a career like this is really nerve wracking for me.