Revenge for filing a grievance?

Art_Vandelay

I am currently a seasonal driver looking to eventually become a full time driver and I filed my first grievance last week because I had not been paid for two weeks. I was curious what the chances are that when I try to become a full time driver my sups will be bitter about the grievance and fail me out of my qualification month stating that I didn't make scratch enough times or didn't do this or that while I have no way to prove that they're accusations are made up as an excuse to prevent me from going full time because I file grievances. Was it a bad idea to file a grievance for this because I potentially threw away my chances at becoming full time? It is to my understanding that the union cannot help me during my first month of full time driving, right?

Art_Vandelay

I talked to several sups for about a week before filing a grievance. They just kept telling me to wait until the next day, talk to so and so tomorrow or that the check will be here tomorrow and I still haven't been paid. Also forgot to mention that I looked up my pay stub on UPSers and noticed I was missing about five hours from last weeks check and I mentioned that to a couple sups as well and they gave me same old wait until Monday and talk to this person.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I am currently a seasonal driver looking to eventually become a full time driver and I filed my first grievance last week because I had not been paid for two weeks. I was curious what the chances are that when I try to become a full time driver my sups will be bitter about the grievance and fail me out of my qualification month stating that I didn't make scratch enough times or didn't do this or that while I have no way to prove that they're accusations are made up as an excuse to prevent me from going full time because I file grievances. Was it a bad idea to file a grievance for this because I potentially threw away my chances at becoming full time? It is to my understanding that the union cannot help me during my first month of full time driving, right?
You are seasonal the chances of getting on full time after Christmas are very slim... And don't let some of these characters on here tell you different because they got their break when the hiring ratio was 2 to 1 or 3 to 1... Those days are over and for good reason but good luck anyway

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It isn't a contract grievance so they may have looked the other way.
Can a steward file it on his behalf ?
Everyone should get paid for every hour that they worked without having to fight the system.
Does sound like the management team is very sloppy and pointing fingers.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It isn't a contract grievance so they may have looked the other way.
Can a steward file it on his behalf ?
Everyone should get paid for every hour that they worked without having to fight the system.
Does sound like the management team is very sloppy and pointing fingers.
Same ol same ol

Art_Vandelay

I was a twilight loader before going to seasonal. The steward seemed pretty upset that I wasn't getting paid and said he would take care of it. Also, another guy that I loaded twilight with became seasonal the same time as me and hasn't gotten paid either. I wasn't aware seasonal drivers were not allowed to file grievances. The steward didn't mention anything like that to me, maybe because I loaded twilight?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Browntown2014

I was a twilight loader before going to seasonal. The steward seemed pretty upset that I wasn't getting paid and said he would take care of it. Also, another guy that I loaded twilight with became seasonal the same time as me and hasn't gotten paid either. I wasn't aware seasonal drivers were not allowed to file grievances. The steward didn't mention anything like that to me, maybe because I loaded twilight?

You are allowed to file a grievance. No I don't think their will be any backlash.

Rack em

Made the Podium
There is a difference between a seasonal HIRE and a seasonal driver (utility driver). If you are a union employee then yes you can file