Revenge for filing a grievance?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Art_Vandelay, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Art_Vandelay

Art_Vandelay New Member

I am currently a seasonal driver looking to eventually become a full time driver and I filed my first grievance last week because I had not been paid for two weeks. I was curious what the chances are that when I try to become a full time driver my sups will be bitter about the grievance and fail me out of my qualification month stating that I didn't make scratch enough times or didn't do this or that while I have no way to prove that they're accusations are made up as an excuse to prevent me from going full time because I file grievances. Was it a bad idea to file a grievance for this because I potentially threw away my chances at becoming full time? It is to my understanding that the union cannot help me during my first month of full time driving, right?
  2. Billy Ray

Billy Ray God, help us all.....

Ask Jerry
  3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Did you talk to your mgt team before putting pen to paper?
  4. Art_Vandelay

Art_Vandelay New Member

I talked to several sups for about a week before filing a grievance. They just kept telling me to wait until the next day, talk to so and so tomorrow or that the check will be here tomorrow and I still haven't been paid. Also forgot to mention that I looked up my pay stub on UPSers and noticed I was missing about five hours from last weeks check and I mentioned that to a couple sups as well and they gave me same old wait until Monday and talk to this person.
  5. SaladTosser

SaladTosser Member

Sounds like a bunch of lazy morons. I talk to my Supe and he can get me a check mailed to me next day air.
  6. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

If the driver is seasonal do they get the opportunity to file a grievance????
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Are you an off the street hire or insider?

I'd like to know how someone even let you file a grievance as a seasonal
  8. Coldworld

You are seasonal the chances of getting on full time after Christmas are very slim... And don't let some of these characters on here tell you different because they got their break when the hiring ratio was 2 to 1 or 3 to 1... Those days are over and for good reason but good luck anyway
  9. No
  10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

If their pay is screwed up? I would think so.

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

It isn't a contract grievance so they may have looked the other way.
    Can a steward file it on his behalf ?
    Everyone should get paid for every hour that they worked without having to fight the system.
    Does sound like the management team is very sloppy and pointing fingers.
  12. A seasonal can't file. They are not guaranteed anything, except to get paid for hours worked. Payroll adjustment.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Coldworld

Same ol same ol
  14. Coldworld

Yep they are more of a slave than we are..
  15. They are but they still deserved to get paid. I think they do it on purpose, hoping they won't say anything.
  16. Art_Vandelay

Art_Vandelay New Member

I was a twilight loader before going to seasonal. The steward seemed pretty upset that I wasn't getting paid and said he would take care of it. Also, another guy that I loaded twilight with became seasonal the same time as me and hasn't gotten paid either. I wasn't aware seasonal drivers were not allowed to file grievances. The steward didn't mention anything like that to me, maybe because I loaded twilight?
  17. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

18. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Are you insulting their intelligence?

Like they don't already know what's going on
  19. Browntown2014

Browntown2014 Active Member

You are allowed to file a grievance. No I don't think their will be any backlash.
  20. Clock Sucker

Clock Sucker I handle a lot of packages

There is a difference between a seasonal HIRE and a seasonal driver (utility driver). If you are a union employee then yes you can file