Revenge for filing a grievance?

Rack em

Made the Podium
If you are hired from the beginning as a union employee then yes, but I think if you are hired as a seasonal worker then you aren't covered by the union

Holydriver

I am currently a seasonal driver looking to eventually become a full time driver and I filed my first grievance last week because I had not been paid for two weeks. I was curious what the chances are that when I try to become a full time driver my sups will be bitter about the grievance and fail me out of my qualification month stating that I didn't make scratch enough times or didn't do this or that while I have no way to prove that they're accusations are made up as an excuse to prevent me from going full time because I file grievances. Was it a bad idea to file a grievance for this because I potentially threw away my chances at becoming full time? It is to my understanding that the union cannot help me during my first month of full time driving, right?
i think your supe will see this post and decide to fire you because of a sentence with 74 words and not a single comma.

Holydriver

I talked to several sups for about a week before filing a grievance. They just kept telling me to wait until the next day, talk to so and so tomorrow or that the check will be here tomorrow and I still haven't been paid. Also forgot to mention that I looked up my pay stub on UPSers and noticed I was missing about five hours from last weeks check and I mentioned that to a couple sups as well and they gave me same old wait until Monday and talk to this person.
for real though, contract states that UPS is supposed to NDA your check and each day that you dont get your check is something like one full day of pay or some crazy stuff. so look into it, becaue if you have union protection as a seasonal you likely have a huge pay check heading your way

Holydriver

It isn't a contract grievance so they may have looked the other way.
Can a steward file it on his behalf ?
Everyone should get paid for every hour that they worked without having to fight the system.
Does sound like the management team is very sloppy and pointing fingers.
this is a contract grievance. each day of not getting your check is huge money as a penalty to UPS. none o fthis 2 hour penalty pay, its like 8 hours pay

Coldworld

60 months and counting
this is a contract grievance. each day of not getting your check is huge money as a penalty to UPS. none o fthis 2 hour penalty pay, its like 8 hours pay
Lol... That 8 hours penalty pay might bankrupt the company.... Actually mgt would be stupid enough to to tell the rank and file that....

Holydriver

You didn't spend the time to count the words.. Did you??? Oh it's magic... You can do anything that your heart desires... Magic!!!
i did. counting to 74 doesnt take that long really...at least for a man of such education as myself. i dont just have a high school degree, i have some college too!!!