Revenue Recovery position questions

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by upsmoss, Apr 14, 2014.

1. upsmoss

upsmoss New Member

I am starting my process today to be a Revenue recovery clerk. I was wondering if anyone can please give me their opinions on this job. Also I was told this is a union job and that I can bid on any jobs that come in the future. I would like to become a driver and hope this position is able to get me to that. Please help!!!! Thanks everyone for your help.
  2. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Not much to the job. Easy to get in trouble as you are bored most of the time. Have had several get fired for this reason.
  3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I thought they had automated that process.
  4. PT Car Washer

Not all of it. Yes, UPS has reduced the number of auditors and will continue to in the future.
  5. upsmoss

upsmoss New Member

Thanks for your replies. Should I be concerned that I will get laid off since this position is going away at UPS locations? Also was I told right about the position being Union and I can bid on upcoming jobs? thanks
  6. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Loan shark?
  7. PT Car Washer

You will have the opportunity to work one of the sorts if your auditor job is eliminated.
  8. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Used to be called 'over size clerks.' Measure and weigh packages to make sure that the shipping people are keying in the correct size and weights.

As far as being laid off, it would depend on the size of the building. We eliminated our audit clerk 10+ years ago. I would think that if you are in a building large enough to hire one now, your position is pretty safe.
  9. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

We used to do revenue recovery in the centers but now they are done mainly in the hubs.
  10. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

job looks simple to me, weigh/measure, scan and stamp....
  11. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Those jobs are pretty much gone now but most of them were given to females. No special treatment though?
  12. greengrenades

greengrenades To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

It's just like any other job at UPS. Also I would like to note the only thing that will help you become a driver is seniority.
  13. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

14. sandwich

sandwich Active Member

It's really really boring. I did that before I went driving. You should do metro unload or something. I hated revenue but I did construction during the day so I was fairly beat by the time I was punching in for twighlight. That's the only reason I stayed, but its terribly boring. It feels like your there for ten hours, then you look at your phone and its only been ten minutes.